IP5M-1173EW Motion Detect not consistent

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sberry103

IP5M-1173EW Motion Detect not consistent

Post by sberry103 »

I am having trouble with a new IP5M-1173EW. It does not detect motion consistently. I have tried adjusting the sensitivity, but that doesn't seem to affect it. Also, when I set the sensitivity higher and save it, when I go back to that screen later, it has defaulted back to 60. It doesn't seem to save the settings. I have it set to upload images to FTP server. When I open the detection area setup screen, it will send images, but it doesn't detect motion most of the time.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-1173EW Motion Detect not consistent

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Do you have the cloud? If you do. make sure you make the changes to your Encoding in there as well. Might be that the Encoding changes are do to the Cloud? You can check your logs on the camera if there are settings changed via System and Admin that is camera and you. blank changes made is from the cloud

Edit, Looking at my Camera. I have my system set at 60 and 5. It works great. I have some areas that I don't like much detection and I have made it so the area needs more fill for it to detect. So my head wouldn't make it detect in that set area. However if I move the rest of my body into the rest of the frames then it will detect. Also Grid is the detect zone. Empty area no detection just so that was clear. I have some setup without so I don't get the Deer or rabbits that happen by that part of my Cameras view.
Last edited by Revo2Maxx on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
sberry103

Post by sberry103 »

I don't use the cloud. Images are going directly to a local FTP server.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok no CLoud and going to your local Server.... OK.

So Check the logs. See if there is any Empty System changes under user type it will say System and Admin. Export or copy them to a drive then Clear them. Then Make the changes to your Encoding... Save and then log out for a couple of hours. THen check encoding if changed again Check logs an dsee if there is some changes you didn't make and what made them?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
sberry103

Post by sberry103 »

That doesn't really help my problem. The camera can send files to the FTP server. It seems to randomly send snapshots when there is no movement. When I open the detection area setup screen, it sends 5 pictures to the server. I can see on the setup screen that it is detecting movement, but it doesn't send snapshots. I have two of these and both seem to have the same issue. I have other Amcrest cameras that work fine. Apparently, there is some issue with the firmware on these. The motion detect is not triggering the sending of snapshots.