IP5M-1173EW-28MM admin accounts

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcrestdude

Re: IP5M-1173EW-28MM admin accounts

Post by amcrestdude »

Thanks @Revo2Maxx ...

I heard back from Amcrest support. Here is what they ask in their reply ... "Please let me know which browser you are using to access the camera? We recommend Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox."

Not sure how that computes but hey. FYI, I use the Amcrest Web view Chrome app. Since they ask I have now tried with Internet Exploder but with the same result. There is a problem with the FW access permissions definitely.

It seems they have not updated the FW to NOT use the Chrome app yet like the new IP8M camera's.

Anyhow, lets see what they reply back.
amcrestdude

Post by amcrestdude »

Anyone have any ideas how this response from support is going to help with the creation of an Admin account that works?

Here is a followup from Amcrest support ....
-----------------------------------
Hi, 
Thank you for the reply. 

If you have any issues with the browser, I would suggest you to install Amcrest Surveillance pro in your Computer to resolve this. 

Please install the Surveillance pro from the below link:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro

Please add the device as shown in the below link:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro

Please let me know if you have any other questions, issues or concerns.
-----------------------------------
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure.. However I am going to guess that from that they are saying the WebUI has an issue known issue maybe and to solve or a work around for the time being is to setup ASP on your computers and anyone that you want to have access to the camera and you can make accounts on the system and give out to whom you like that when they access the camera it would give full access or the access that you want them to have better then it does at this time on the WebUI?

I personally dislike ASP. But that is me..
Be Safe.
amcrestdude

Post by amcrestdude »

Update here ....

OK so I downloaded Amcrest Surveillance pro and used it to connect to the IP5M-1173EW-28MM through the original Admin account. Immediately noticed more permissions available then when logged in with IE or Chrome app. So I edited the second Admin account and selected all permissions then saved. After that I went back and logged on with the Chrome app to the second created Admin account and it was fine. All tabs were available. As an experiment I edited the account a little bit and re saved. After the re-saved using the Chrome app, some Admin permissions were gone again. The trick her is to not change anything to any admin accounts using IE or the Chrome app with IP5M-1173EW-28MM cameras because you run the risk of loosing permissions.

In conclusion. If you have a IP5M-1173EW-28MM and want to create additional Admin accounts. I would suggest you use IE and Chrome app to create those account then use Amcrest Surveillance pro to tweak those account back to full admin privileges. Then remember NOT to change and re-save any of those created admin accounts while using IE or Chrome app.

This seems to be a problem only with IP5M-1173E for me as my other Amcrest camera's do not have this issue. It must be a problem of privileges to grant admin permissions using IE or Chrome app (possibly also Firefox). Hopefully this will be address in the next FW update if there is one for this model.

Suggest if anyone (like @Revo2Maxx ) have contacts at Amcrest they make sure the people in R&D and support know about this problem. It's very annoying.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome that you were able to get some to work after working inside of ASP... I will be sure to pass this on tomorrow when they return to work.. Forgot they have right now with what is going on a 3 days work week for now...

Thanks for the Update so others that may try can use ASP to get things working right.. Like I said only thing I could think of after the fact seeing I don't like ASP myself I just know there are some things that can be useful in side the program so I use it every so often..
Be Safe.
amcrestdude

Post by amcrestdude »

@Revo2Maxx ...

You should tell them to send me a significant discount coupon for my next purchase since I did all the work finding this out and resolving it .. LOL!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't have the type of Pull or ability lol..
Be Safe.