IP4M recorded video time issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cihanko1

IP4M recorded video time issue

Post by cihanko1 »

hi to everyone
I am using IP4M cam.

I have the video encoding setting as in the attachment, and I already tried lot of different settings.

I have the record lenght setting as 120 minutes.

when I check the recorded video files (mp4) , the file names as saved with the start and end time which exactly make 120 minutes. But when I open the videos with VLC player or amcrest smart play the video length is around ~75-90 minutes. on the overlay I can see the video time which show me the exact start time and end time correctly.

I started to check and compare the overlay timing and VLC player video play timing. and I realise that during the record, some frames are (10 to 20 seconds) missing. therefore overlay timing jumps further, and VLC player timing comes behind.

do you guys have the same issue? do you know the reason? can you help me on this please?

thanks in advance
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (127.53 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M recorded video time issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that you might want to back off some of your numbers. I don't on any of my cameras that I don't have to anyway have any of them on VBR.. Also not sure why but Quality is to high and the Bit Rate needs to come down as well. I have loads of my 4mp cameras at different rates and all seem to record and playback well

So after the last Reset of my 1046E-AI 4mp POE camera I will admit I left it where it came back online at and haven't made any changes to the settings. It is
Smart Codec OFF
Type General
COmpression H.264H
2688x1520
FPS 30
Bit Rate Type CBR
Quality 4
I Frame INterval 2S
Bit Rate 4096

Sub stream is active D1 30FPS, CBR and 1024

My other color at night camera online is set at it's 4MP setting of 2560x1440, FPS30, CBR, 4, 2s and Kb/S4096 same Sub settings we my Amcrest 1046E-AI and they work well playback is smooth

I don't use VLC but I am sure load will have a lot to do with Computer CPU, Ram and Drive type. Also if your using VLC for Streaming that could have an issue as well.. It might be that with the VBR setting your system is setup with when it makes the change to the file VLC can play that it Farce out things not needed so your time would be smaller

You are aware what VBR and CBR are and the difference between the 2 settings?
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

Hi Revo2Maxx thank you for the response.

Yes I know the diff between VBR and CBR and I changed my setting to CBR instead of VBR.

the reason I am using high quality is the high video detail need of my areao of use. I am not using it for security, I am using it for observation purpose..

however in order to do some test and check the results I did change my setting almost to the bottom level of quality. unfortunately I get exactly the same result.

this time I checked it with the amcrest smart play instead of VLC player and the result is the same

Interestingly I tried 4-5 video and for all of them vide timing shows me around 1 hour 13 minutes +/- 5 minutes. but for all of them video overlay shows start and end time exactly the same as the "video file name" which shows the interval of the recording.

I am away from from finding reason of the issue and getting insane!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What IP4M camera are you using? I do have a few 4mp cameras maybe I can try and setup something on my end with my Hardware and find out where the Tipping point is?

Also what Firmware are you using?
Do you Reboot often
What type of Cables are you using? Known Good Pure Copper cables
Where are these 120min videos being recorded to? Micro SD, Nas or computer?

If it is going to a computer
Ram, and CPU. Have you looked at maybe setting up ASP to be your Recording Device and work off that

Sorry for all the questions there are so many different things that can go on and without knowing what is what only 1 can guess..
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

well thanks Revo2Maxx, I appreciate your help.

Here are the answers below,

My device is IP4M -1051
I am using the latest firmware available. which is V2.620.00AC000.3R

Actually I do not reboot at all. camera is open all the time.
The cam is connected to Wifi , that means no cable.

videos are recorded in sd card (128gb) , SDcard format file type is exFAT.

after my latest post;
I tried several other settings to see if any effect. If I reduce to 720p and lowest bit rate. It seems that the issue is fixed!! I got all my recordings ok.

but if I increase to , 1080p and 4096 bitrate, it seems that the issue is again starts to appear. but this time video filenames are correct, but video lengths are again lower than 120 minutes. More interestingly, all the record lenths are exactly same long. please see attached.
Attachments
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure. I just looked at my 1051 settings, I scale most of them back some by habit. On mine I have it set to 6144 Bit Rate and 18 fps. I have tried to run mine in h.265 and a lower rate just didn't seem stable to me.

I don't record to a 128 mSD in this camera only one I have that large a card in is my IP2M-850EB cameras. It might be a bit rate issue and have you tried to use a different card?

Also not sure what the recordings are or if your trying to use for multi person playback or just for your own record. Maybe lowering the 120min to making files to 60min might help

Looking at the notes to my camera that I keep. I didn't make a note to why just I have notes here to keep it h.264 at 6144 and 18 fps for best results last note was only about Mic being bad since camera was opened and replaced with a Mic from a bad 841. Outside of that nothing in my notes that would point me to an issue like your having. Might be related to MSD card or Length of time for recordings.

Some ideas.

If you have a Computer for testing, I would install ASP if you don't have it already setup on your computer. Setup PC-NVR to record if you have the HDD space you can give up. Then I would try to Record to ASP (Amcrest Servalince Pro (Free)) and see if the recordings to the ASP acts the same as how it is recorded to your MSD
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

I finally figured out that it is a FAT32 format type issue.
the device does not accept exfat or NTFS.
FAT32 does only allow 1893 mb file size maximum.

so the recorded videos are being cut when the file size limit is reached.

Our IT department also could not connect the NAS succesfully.

therefore my only option is to reduce all video quality parameters and resolution significantly down below. which also make me very sad :( :(