IP4M recorded video partitions length

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cihanko1

IP4M recorded video partitions length

Post by cihanko1 »

I am using AMcrest IP4M.
The video resolution is set to 2K.
It records the videos in length of 7-8 minutes. and there are too much video files inside the SD card.

Can I change the recorded video lengths? If yes from where and how?

can somebody help me on this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M recorded video partitions length

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Log into the Cameras WebUI and that can be changed VIA Setup, Storage, Record Control.. See picture of location of my IP4M-1051...
ip4m.png
ip4m.png (84.54 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (90.86 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
thank you Revo2Maxx
but I do not have cloud membership.
I use sd card as storage. thats what I am talking about.

my videos are stored in the sd card with length of 7 minutes.

can I change that
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

I finally made the change
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to see you were able to make the change. Yeah my camera might be showing Cloud in the top and in the left side but I don't use it and wasn't part of my reply it was just a picture of the first camera I logged into. 95% of my cameras have that tab. Sorry if that was confusing my reply.. Most of my cameras have MSD as well. then also have NVR and DVR's I FTP most cameras to a Offsite server for backup and every month cycle that to only keep things that were important enough to keep..

So I am not sure why you use Amcrest view I mean it is there to use, I will admit I did log in once or twice however after some server issues with other companies I pulled all my cameras from off site servers and while I do still use P2P that is secure enough for me to feel good enough about keeping that active until I found out differently..

What I was saying about WebUI.. that is going to the cameras IP address, your using a View website that uses the cameras P2P access to view. Personally WebUI is in your own computer and again I feel better about having my own connections to my cameras.. This would be done like lets say your ip is 192.168.0.34 for your camera typing this into IE or Chrome depending on what FW your using would give you a log in prompt, Put in your user and pass and then you would see menus like what my camera was showing..
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

yes exactly I connected with the IP and I could manage to change from the setup.

now my video lengths are changed.

I have another question by the way.

in the same setup menu- storage - record control; there is an option, "record mode" I now in auto mode it does not ask anything and automatically records with respect to the schedule plan. what about the "manual" option. If I switch to the manual mode, how can I start the recordings and from where? Is there any "record" button.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that is a Great and kind of strange way for the device to work really.. I personally leave my setup for Main to AUTO and Sub to Manual when working with my NVR/DVR's.. Cameras I leave auto

For my understanding and it might be wrong however, When setup to Manual the recording will just full time record

When setup for Auto the camera will Record to however you have setup your camera to record in the Scheduling.. So if you want full time recording in the week days because there are people there full time, and not much traffic of people on the weekends then you could setup your system to record M-F from 1 time to another full time, and outside that time on Motion only.. In auto mode it will just record as you have it setup..

Manual Mode no Scheduling needed it will just full time record...

Also from the WebUI there is a Record Button in IE, This button will record the current ON screen view and save to your computer and isn't anything to do with the Manual Record setup..
Be Safe.
cihanko1

Post by cihanko1 »

well thanks again.
your explanation sounds fair., and it works for me.
I do understand the logic there.

thanks..