IP4M Camera not recording any motion

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sskhaliq

IP4M Camera not recording any motion

Post by sskhaliq »

Hi, I have a IP4M-1028W camera

In the last 6-9 months the motion detection recording has become very unreliable and has recently completely stopped recording any motion.

Can you suggest what might be causing it? Do i need to change any onboard battery?

Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M Camera not recording any motion

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would replace mucro SD card. If you don't have a nvr, to test that set up a ftp server then set camera to send events to server. Easier way would be DL and install Amcrest Surveillance Pro, set up PC-NVR and set camera to record to that you will want to test with Micro SD card removed so issues it is causing is removed
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
sskhaliq

Post by sskhaliq »

Hi. I tried that and didnt work.
Is there an onboard CR / coin battery that might be causing the issue?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The battery on IP cameras are not user serviceable in general and should not have anything to do with recording and only clock related.

However if you don't know what time it is recording in then yes it might be battery related and the camera is changing dates to 2000 and recording there maybe. Then yes Clock Battery would be good change out (Need to be soldered)

I would do a Search on your camera for 2000 and see if there is any stored footage there...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jhzab46

Post by jhzab46 »

I unplug an indoor camera when I am home. When I plug it back in when we are leaving I have to go Configuration Center, select Date & Time, select camera and select system time, Sync Phone