IP4M-1083EW-AI: Deep IVS Stops tracking people

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wifiguy

IP4M-1083EW-AI: Deep IVS Stops tracking people

Post by wifiguy »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently purchased the IP4M-1083EW-AI camera. I use a Synology NAS for my recording storage media. I am trying to get this camera to track and follow people and vehicles on the side of my shop. The coverage area is about 180/ish degrees. The camera will track and detect people, follow them up to roughly 90/ish degrees, then just stop and go back to it's Present 1 default position.

I've tried creating 6 preset zones with a rule type of "intrusion". Those 6 zones over lapped each other and would follow from the front to the back. Currently, I only have 1 Preset zone setup. But no matter what I do, the camera seems to always stop tracking someone about half way. I have attached some picture of what I am trying to accomplish. I'd like the camera to track and record everything inside the two green arrows.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

**Edit. On my Synology, I have the Detection Algorithm Source is set to Camera.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.22.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.22.06 PM.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1026 times
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.25.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.25.40 PM.png (4.42 MiB) Viewed 1026 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1083EW-AI: Deep IVS Stops tracking people

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I don't own this camera, I have a few Auto Tracking cameras and most of them are much older Tech from 2014 or before. However if I had to guess, I would say that you might want to adjust your Track time. It looks like you can go to as much as 300 seconds on yours. So I would adjust it to a time that it matches the area of leading to the last sighted area. Only issue with this is someone in Vehicle would be faster then another on foot. So

Don't want to tell you how to setup your camera, However if it was me I would put the camera at that location on a Parapet to get it to pick up the area that is past the edge of the building. I am sure, you more then likely have that covered with another camera anyway just trying to make sure the object isn't lost by going past the corner of the building..
Next to be honest, I would put a camera or an Alarm sensor that is down at the Starting area into the view. Have that Sensor tied to an alarm input on the camera or if you had a NVR like my 4216E-AI into the NVR's alarm input. Once the camera or alarm gets triggered it alerts the NVR or Camera to a preset that then the person or car can be Tracked coming onto the property.
Next another thing that can be done, I have made a Video about it in the past a couple of times different reasons. However if you have other cameras that are in the 1083 protective zone and best to use AI cameras with Filters of human and vehicle like the 1083 has. In them static zones the camera can be instructed from the static camera to a preset that can help keep the object in full motion. Again I am not sure what features that camera offers like being able to go to a Preset and then pick up and track a moving object like my older cameras can. So if I mention something that your camera don't have the option for. Sorry just guessing at what could from the cameras I own.
Be Safe.
wifiguy

Post by wifiguy »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:14 pm Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I don't own this camera, I have a few Auto Tracking cameras and most of them are much older Tech from 2014 or before. However if I had to guess, I would say that you might want to adjust your Track time. It looks like you can go to as much as 300 seconds on yours. So I would adjust it to a time that it matches the area of leading to the last sighted area. Only issue with this is someone in Vehicle would be faster then another on foot. So

Don't want to tell you how to setup your camera, However if it was me I would put the camera at that location on a Parapet to get it to pick up the area that is past the edge of the building. I am sure, you more then likely have that covered with another camera anyway just trying to make sure the object isn't lost by going past the corner of the building..
Next to be honest, I would put a camera or an Alarm sensor that is down at the Starting area into the view. Have that Sensor tied to an alarm input on the camera or if you had a NVR like my 4216E-AI into the NVR's alarm input. Once the camera or alarm gets triggered it alerts the NVR or Camera to a preset that then the person or car can be Tracked coming onto the property.
Next another thing that can be done, I have made a Video about it in the past a couple of times different reasons. However if you have other cameras that are in the 1083 protective zone and best to use AI cameras with Filters of human and vehicle like the 1083 has. In them static zones the camera can be instructed from the static camera to a preset that can help keep the object in full motion. Again I am not sure what features that camera offers like being able to go to a Preset and then pick up and track a moving object like my older cameras can. So if I mention something that your camera don't have the option for. Sorry just guessing at what could from the cameras I own.
At one point I did have the tracking time adjusted to 300, but the camera would react the same way. I have other cameras on the property that picks up the views that the shed blocks. The issue is the way the shed's roofline is, I would need to be above the shed a lot in order for the shed not to block some of those views. This camera stick out enough as it is. LOL. It's large!

I set up 6 more zones in the area that I wanted to cover and I got the same results. Tracking time is set to 300 in all zones. What I might do is have the Synology manage the detection Algorithm. It had build into Surveillance Station's software it has these advanced detection algorithms, so I might give that a shot. I'll do more messing around and report back. If I can't get this to work as I think it should, I might have to return these cameras. I have 1 more I was going to install but I am hesitant at this point.

Is what I am trying to do outside the realm of what these cameras are capable of? I sure wouldn't think so...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have tried to get ahold of one of these cameras for a while. I have others and Large ones as well. One of my Most advanced PTZ from long ago. Still works great today. Might explain why your multi zone isn't working (Maybe I am wrong) On my camera anyway if I setup a preset with intrusion and Auto Tracking. It will work on that event until it ends *Either subject went out of frame or timer ran out* even if the camera went into an area of another preset with Tripwire or Fences setup. It is taking that trigger of the first event. Yet if I change one of the settings to Auto Track and track forward. It will do the first event and if the object is lost in a preset area that has another rule setup it will take input from that rule for upto 30 seconds and if there was nothing it will return home. Normally I have it setup to Track and return home after 20 seconds if subject is lost..

I am sure that camera has the ability to do what you want. Sometimes it will take someone that has already done the Trial and Error portion of the setup first to be able to help. Or you will have to find the Trial and error out.. I don't have any of the Amcrest PTZ AI cameras yet. It is on my To Do List but have had a few set backs last few months and not able to budget one in..

Is there any type of setting that mentions what to do when an object is lost? Anything about How long after an Object is lost? Is there like a Great setting option with an option that seems like it wouldn't do what you wanted it to do? I ask because it might be that on the Track setting what we might think is how something works by how it is written maybe it is the option that is really the right way for it to be setup?

Wish I had a Sandbox ability to access these cameras so I would have better understanding and ability to help in cases like this. At times it is easy to over look something that might be something 1 hasn't used before or understands where another might..
Be Safe.
wifiguy

Post by wifiguy »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:24 pm I have tried to get ahold of one of these cameras for a while. I have others and Large ones as well. One of my Most advanced PTZ from long ago. Still works great today. Might explain why your multi zone isn't working (Maybe I am wrong) On my camera anyway if I setup a preset with intrusion and Auto Tracking. It will work on that event until it ends *Either subject went out of frame or timer ran out* even if the camera went into an area of another preset with Tripwire or Fences setup. It is taking that trigger of the first event. Yet if I change one of the settings to Auto Track and track forward. It will do the first event and if the object is lost in a preset area that has another rule setup it will take input from that rule for upto 30 seconds and if there was nothing it will return home. Normally I have it setup to Track and return home after 20 seconds if subject is lost..

I am sure that camera has the ability to do what you want. Sometimes it will take someone that has already done the Trial and Error portion of the setup first to be able to help. Or you will have to find the Trial and error out.. I don't have any of the Amcrest PTZ AI cameras yet. It is on my To Do List but have had a few set backs last few months and not able to budget one in..

Is there any type of setting that mentions what to do when an object is lost? Anything about How long after an Object is lost? Is there like a Great setting option with an option that seems like it wouldn't do what you wanted it to do? I ask because it might be that on the Track setting what we might think is how something works by how it is written maybe it is the option that is really the right way for it to be setup?

Wish I had a Sandbox ability to access these cameras so I would have better understanding and ability to help in cases like this. At times it is easy to over look something that might be something 1 hasn't used before or understands where another might..
There isn't anything in Synology or the camera settings it self that really (that I can tell) have anything to do with what to do when an object is "lost".

With the Synology controlling the detection, it now almost makes it 180 degrees. I walked from the front of my shed to the back, the camera kind of followed me, I had to get back in front of it once, then it followed me to the back and wigged out. LOL. I'll have to keep messing around with settings. Honestly, at this point I might factory reset the camera. Maybe I've got settings that are conflicting at this point.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting. Thought for sure it would have some type of setting of what to do when subject is lost. Like mine I can choose to have it search, Pause and wait until time expires, Track forward and or just return to home right away.

Anyway hope you find something that works for you. However to be honest if not using Deep IVS and or other settings that are offered in the AI camera I would personally look for a lessor camera with same MP without the extra cost of the features not being used..
Be Safe.
wifiguy

Post by wifiguy »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:57 pm Interesting. Thought for sure it would have some type of setting of what to do when subject is lost. Like mine I can choose to have it search, Pause and wait until time expires, Track forward and or just return to home right away.

Anyway hope you find something that works for you. However to be honest if not using Deep IVS and or other settings that are offered in the AI camera I would personally look for a lessor camera with same MP without the extra cost of the features not being used..
I’ll post some settings screenshots, maybe I am just overlooking it.