IP4M-1056E Motion Detect, # of grids V. Sensitivity

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
csoubeih

IP4M-1056E Motion Detect, # of grids V. Sensitivity

Post by csoubeih »

Does anyone know, if I increase the number of grid squares in a region, is detection sensitivity/threshold "calculating" based on motion in the entire "group" of squares, or is motion calculation on a per-grid-square basis?

I ask because my dog keeps triggering the driveway alert (despite many attempts to adjust sens/thresh. I only need one grid in the region to cover a large area of the driveway), so I was thinking to myself, "Self, perhaps if I had more grid squares in and around the driveway so that the dog appeared "smaller" or "less" to the detection algorithm while a larger car moving slowly through the region would still trigger."

So does anyone know for sure? Per-grid-square motion detection algorithm or per-region motion detection algorithm?

Thanks, Chris.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1056E Motion Detect, # of grids V. Sensitivity

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is hard to say..

I know that a High number in Sensitivity will require more movement for it to trigger a motion... For me I keep most of mine at the 5 60 they were set at from the start... Always remember that Clouds, shadow and any type of movement can cause the motion to go off.. Depending on how you have your camera setup one might be able to un mark the grid where the pup goes and still get a motion from a larger object..

Also maybe if there is an area where your dog goes that is inside an area that could be added in the grid because the area your dog is will have be to broken to get to that area... Lets say your dog is able to get to some of the inner most grid you could uncheck that because people would have to break the grid to get to that area if you get my meaning...

Plus most of the cameras I know of by Amcrest have 4 Motion zones you might setup the area with your pup higher number Sens and smaller thes to get the right setting for alerts when you want and able to give you one knowing it must be something big if it shows the second zone name...
Be Safe.
Spile

Post by Spile »

“a High number in Sensitivity will require more movement for it to trigger a motion“
My understanding is that decreasing sensitivity will require more movement for a trigger as will increasing the threshold. That is how it works on my cameras.
Anti-Dither settings allow you to set how long motion needs to be detected during a given event to trigger recording I believe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I am Human lol... So I was backwards on my listing as I wasn't looking at the Grid and thought I had them right... So Sorry Higher Sensitivity will make it so it is easier to detect and so if you want it to trip on anything set it high and other one low or 0 and anything moves will set it off.. Setting it low and other one high would be harder for it to detect smaller objects however as I said I leave mine default and just set the Grid to make it good for me...

To be fair I have my NVR set to Record full time and only use Motion for play back when I want to do a Smart Search.. I really wish it has the setup of my DVR where I can bring up 16 different times of 1 camera and play it back at once Called Sub-Periods able to choose from 1 to 16 windows.. Some cameras I have setup Motion to FTP others full time on NVR and backup to offsite FTP...
Be Safe.