IP4M-1053E in B&W only

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
johntomlinson

IP4M-1053E in B&W only

Post by johntomlinson »

Installed my IP4M-1053E. Have it running over a Netgear POE switch. It worked great for about 6 months. Then it went into B&W and has been stuck in B&W ever since (about 6 months now)
Changed the cable, reset the camera, have not yet changed the switch, but all the other cameras on the switch are working fine and I have switched ports on the switch to make sure I do not have a bad port.
Any ideas what I should do next?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1053E in B&W only

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Well sounds like you have done everything that should have changed the issue..

However are you really sure you did a Reset of the Camera?
Is this camera connected to a NVR or DVR? Or you connected to Blue Iris or ASP for recording and monitoring?

Here are some things to try first off. If this was mine I would double check the WebUI for the camera and make sure it wasn't setup in the WebUI to B/W, if not there in WebUI and you use a NVR, DVR or some other software I would double check in the camera Image area to make sure it wasn't setup for B/W...

Next if all that comes back as Pure, I would then Reset the Camera first by trying the Reset off the WebUI (This is a Soft Reset) and if that didn't cure it I would try a Hard reset from taking the camera apart and pressing the Reset button if it don't have one on the Cable pig tail...

Also have you looked at the Camera (Meaning Camera Location) Have you removed the Cable from the camera and when you plug it back in you get the CLICK sound of the ICR? (Ir Cut Filter Removable)

IN the end the last thing is what I typed last and that is the part you don't want to go bad.. If it is bad the camera most times would work in color just the Filter would not change and the camera would look bad in day time or maybe the filter was stuck in other position and night time would look bad...

However from the sounds of all you said you did my guess is that your system is connected to a Recorder of some sort and was setup to record in B/W and that is why everything done hasn't changed the fact it is in B/W..

For sake of statement, My AI NVR, I could tell my AI camera that is a White LED camera and normally stays color at night on my Image menu for the camera the NVR could tell the camera to work only in B/W and then from then on no matter what I do or make changes in the NVR will Revert to running in B/W when connected to that channel.. Now if I tell the camera while connected to the channel to change to Color the NVR will take that change as well however I would have to make that change VIA WebUI while connected to NVR...

Last thing is this camera connected to the Cloud? if it is make sure the Cloud isn't causing it to be in B/W
Be Safe.