IP4M-1051W won't connect to WIFI.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zachary

IP4M-1051W won't connect to WIFI.

Post by zachary »

I just got an IP4M-1051W today and this thing will not configure over WIFI. I have tried both my IOS 12.4 iPad and my IOS 9.3.2 iPhone 6. Both devices are connected to my home network, the same network I am trying to connect the IP4M to. I am using the Amcrest View Pro app on both devices. This camera is suppose to be dual channel correct? For both 2.4 and 5 GHZ? I have a AT&T BGW210-700 Router with Fiber (1000GB) internet. My router has both a 2.4GHZ and a 5GHZ channel and both are enabled. Both channels already have devices in my home connected to them as well. Camera is plugged into power, light is flashing green. I get a "Failed to Connect" message EVERY TIME I try to configure this new camera over WIFI. It WILL connect once I connect the camera to my router via Ethernet but I need this camera to work over WIFI. I need a resolution ASAP, and I am not thrilled with the product after dropping $90 on this camera...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1051W won't connect to WIFI.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your Camera making connections with your WIFI! I don't have your camera but I will try and help the best I can.

So on your Iphone bring up the Amcrest App. Seeing you know you can add it already over Eth0 try this and it does mean you will have to remove it from your phone first.

So I am going to guess that you added it by clicking the Already connected part of the app and we need to remove that connection and connect over the Wifi part of the app.

Once removed off the app, CLick the + button to add camera, Click the Wifi Camera Then Click the Ethernet Wifi Setup. A page will come up showing a Router and a camera with a Cable between the two. It will say Connect included Ethernet Cable from router to camera wait 10 seconds until light turns green then tap NEXT. Next page will say make sure that you Smartphone is connected to your Wifi Network then tap Next. While it is a dual band camera I would Try 2.4 first just as a starting point you can change . Once connect smartphone to wifi network press next. Then it will ask for the SN of your camera. You can scan the number if the camera is by you or you can type the cameras SN into the phone Then press next. It will ask you to name the camer and put in the Admin name and Password. Then it should give you your SSID and area to put in your Routers Password. At this area it is asking for the password of the Router and if your camera isn't connected over Eth0 at this point it will fail and say can't connect.

There is another thing that I found for what ever reason if you have your system setup like mine where you have to give access to anything that connects to your network you will want to turn on for this setup time Grant Access before trying to set it up. For what ever reason for me anyway I tired with it turned on Meaning I have to give access my camera will fail, I turn it off so I don't and it will allow anyone on my network to access and it will work. I have played with this and was only way to get it to fail was to try and setup with out Eth0 cable connected and or the deny access until I grant. ....

Please let me know if that works out for you.
Be Safe.