IP4M-1041B Privacy Mode bug?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
yasss

IP4M-1041B Privacy Mode bug?

Post by yasss »

Hi. I got a few Amcrest IP4M-1041B cameras and am running into an issue of position accuracy.

Once the camera into Privacy Mode, it will start adding additional (inaccurate) values to the Y axis (up/down). I don't have the exact amount, but it seems to be consistent and the same value each time.

Turn on Privacy Mode, and then turn off Privacy Mode, it's supposed to go back to the same exact position as it was prior to you enabling the Privacy Mode (e.g. preset 1). When I do this, the position it returns to is slightly off in the Y axis (up/down position). I am confirming this because I use Frigate and my zone cutouts are shifted the same amount every time. This is repeatable on my end and on multiple cameras. I do have my cameras upside down for better mounting. So that means I have enabled the MIRROR: ON and FLIP: 180 degrees functions in the WebUI. It feels like a minor and fixable firmware bug, but would love to confirm this with others.

The only workarounds I have thought of:

1. Once the camera exits Privacy Mode, make the camera cycle to preset 2, and then back to preset 1. You need to force it to another preset, otherwise the camera won't move if you just tell it to go to the same preset it already thinks it is at. Doing this manually is tedious, and something like Home Assistant could be error-prone.

2. Power cycle the camera every time you exit Privacy Mode. The accuracy of the presets will be fine again until you have to use Privacy Mode again. Drawback is the long power cycling time between waiting for the camera to boot back up.

3. Make presets after you entered Privacy Mode at least once. This method reverses the problem, and your presets will be off if the camera ever power cycles and you'll need to go into Privacy Mode again later to 'regain' the accuracy.

4. Make my own custom 'Privacy Mode' preset, by moving the camera up. This doesn't cut the feed or stop the audio mic though. Least usable option for me.
jack7

Re: IP4M-1041B Privacy Mode bug?

Post by jack7 »

You could try using the Amcrest API http command "PTZ Control" to get your camera back to proper position using several methods, including presets. The http commands could be used in a browser or a script.
yasss

Post by yasss »

Yeah, that's workaround #1 from above that I mentioned.

I use Home Assistant so the hacky way is to make an automation to a) check if camera went from privacy mode, b) go to preset 2, c) go to preset 1. (Home Assistant with the Amcrest integration uses the official Amcrest HTTP API) It's hacky because what if my original position wasn't on preset 1? And I have to add time delays between commands so the camera can process them fine. It's a very cumbersome workaround, so I would love for this issue to be fixed in the firmware.

Do people submit bug reports on these forums at all?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

The API has other methods to move the camera incrementally.  This may be a good one if your camera supports it and you figure out the repeatable error value.
Screenshot_20220510-091657_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
Screenshot_20220510-091657_Google PDF Viewer.jpg (581.54 KiB) Viewed 415 times

For bug report:
https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
yasss

Post by yasss »

Looks like that's not working/implemented. :/ I get a:

Code: Select all

Error
Not Implemented!
teymur88

Post by teymur88 »

Hi there,

I have got 5x Amcrest 1041b and all of them have exact same issue with the Privacy mode described by @yasss . Any solution to that yet? Btw @yasss workaround #1 didn't work for me for some reason...

Teymur
yasss

Post by yasss »

Nope. Unfortunately I never figured this out. But I am glad to hear it's not just me! So it's definitely a firmware/software bug.

Anyway to submit to Amcrest?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is the info area for your camera or the one listed in the Thread anyway.. at the top of the page click Submit a Request and follow the info for your device.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 0002371831
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe