IP4M-1041B Pan Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lynestelles

IP4M-1041B Pan Issue

Post by lynestelles »

Hello All,

I've had this same exact issue occur through 3 different cameras and now am questioning my sanity/understanding of how this camera works.

The last two, the pan function stopped working after the initial set-up/ power on when the camera tests its range of movement. Basically I'll connect the camera, it'll take a moment to connect to the network and then proceed to move up/down and then left and right, except after the first time i've connected the camera, the pan function doesn't work. It will no longer pan left/right, but it does continue to move up/down.

I just today got back a replacement from Amcrest directly for the warranty and its having the same exact issue.

I can log in to it, it will stream just fine and connect with no problems, but whenever I try to get the camera to pan, you can feel the motor inside the housing stalling/jammed because it doesn't move any further. I've also physically panned it by hand in hopes of getting something to "click back on track" but to no success.

Power cycling doesn't work, Factory Resetting doesn't work. It literally stopped working after the first time taking it out of the box. I'm going crazy on this and its making me want to consider just going with a different brand all together.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1041B Pan Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Seeing you have had multi issues My guess it is Power Supply issue of some sort...

I would test your house or business wiring at the outlet and confirm it is within the WallWorts power requirements. My house on the West Coast had an issue with an outlet where the voltage at the outlet was very low and needed some work done..

Next issue might be using the wrong power supply either Computer USB (Don't use) or some 3 part power supply that looks like it should work just may not.. Or that the camera was to far from the Outlet and you used an Extension that makes the power drop below the cameras ability to power all functions of the camera and most likely will damage the USB device being powered if it isn't corrected...
Be Safe.
lynestelles

Post by lynestelles »

Hey there,

Thank you for the advise. I just now tried it with another Wallwart &cable (provided from Amcrest, its known-good) and issue persists.

My instincts tell me its a mechanical issue, but the chances of me having 3 of the same issues............

Actually.... I just realized what the issue was. I had a epiphany at the end of the sentence and realized why the issue was isolated to me.

Long story short: I have it attached to a magnetic base so I can mount it on the wall. The magnets I was using was so strong it seemed to be causing interference with the operation of the camera. I've lessened the amount of magnets used and camera now works as it should.

Issue was self-resolved. I'm an idiot. Have a good night everyone.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you solved the issue. I mean yeah 3 of them with the same issue had to relate to something outside of the camera. Normally Electronics and Magnets don't play well. That is why some other cameras that offer a magnet mounting option has a thick plate to deflect such issues.
Be Safe.