IP4M-1041B cannot register at Amcrestview P2P server

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sun2sirius

IP4M-1041B cannot register at Amcrestview P2P server

Post by sun2sirius »

The camera works well and I can view the feed via the Amcrest iPhone app, configured as P2P. I need to add the camera to my account on Amcrestview.com and also to Amcrest Surveillance Pro. When trying to add the device to Amcrestview.com, it shows the "Invalid S/N, be sure to enable P2P in your device" error. I have an older 2MP Amcrest camera that can be added just fine with its serial number and works via P2P in Surveillance Pro Windows app.

It looks like the newer IP4M cameras are not supported via Amcrestview.com server, and Surveillance Pro app is probably also trying to get the P2P info from the Amcrestview server, so it does not work either. All works from the iPhone app - is it going through a different server. Does anyone have any insight on this?
sun2sirius

Re: IP4M-1041B cannot register at Amcrestview P2P server

Post by sun2sirius »

Based on no replies for some time, I assume the issue has no solution. I also found similar questions from 2021 (https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 529#p41529) an no real solution.
So my solution was to return these cameras to the vendor and buy another brand which has similar parameters and work great with iOS and desktop apps.
oldengineer3

Re: IP4M-1041B cannot register at Amcrestview P2P server

Post by oldengineer3 »

12/7/2022 - I have the same exact problem on amcrestview.com with 2 new IP4M-1041W cameras. Says invalid S/N. P2P is enabled, so that is not the problem. I Talked to Amcrest support yesterday, and they were of no help. They could not tell me why this specific model would not work in amcrestview.com. I wish they would fix this issue in amcrestview.com, as it sure is nice to import all your cameras into the android Amcrest view pro app. Probably just a matter of database update? But how do you talk to the right Amcrest person to get this accomplished? The cameras can be added as p2p in the "Android Amcrest view pro" app. But interestingly, they can NOT be added in the "Amazon Fire Tablet Amcrest view pro" app. Wish they would fix that also. Very frustrating. I will probably also return the cameras and use the 2mp version. As a side note, I can add the cameras to the Amcrest Surveillance Pro Windows program by using my local IP addresses (not using p2p).