IP4M-1041 Startup position

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dino55

IP4M-1041 Startup position

Post by Dino55 »

I cant seem to remember were the setting is for the startup position on my IP4M-1041 camera's, I have set this in the past but for some reason I cant remember were its at to set it.

Thanks!
Dean
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1041 Startup position

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure that camera like the other like it have a Home Position? I mean you might be able to setup something in HA or BI or some other software to start up camera and position it at a Set Preset? Outside of that, Just setup a Preset to position 1 and make that your home each time your done looking at a different area.

Now I don't personally have the 1041 and only going off what I know of my own V3 camera of like kind, While I can turn off the lens and when it turns back on it will go to the last location or a fraction of some point to that area. My camera don't have a PTZ area where I can setup a Home Position like I can other higher dollar PTZ cameras from Amcrest and others that I own..
Be Safe.
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

Yes I did create a preset position #1 then run the camera to a different position then select GOTO position #1 and it does go back to the position I set it for, But when I reboot the camera it does not go to the preset position of #1 it goes so some other setting.

Thanks!
Dean
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is odd, I have not heard of the 1041 having that issue. That is normally the issue that I have seen when someone with a older 841 added the new FW to it and the reboots make the system go Rogue.

So here is something to try. go to Preset 1. Then move the camera to right or left and then move it manually back to about the same area that your Preset 1 is at.. Then Reboot the Camera (Can be done over WebUI) and see if that is the area the camera comeback too.

I can't say this is your issue. I know that I have a older 841 that if I move camera to a different area off Preset 1 and then go back to preset 1 after that move when my camera does either Weekly Reboot or I manually reboot it the camera will end up in strange place. However I move the camera to Preset 1 then move camera different pan area then back almost close to preset1 the camera loads to that almost preset 1 location.

If it is a 1041 for sure with that issue as I posted above, I would for sure setup a ticket with Amcrest so it can get an update to fix the issue.
Be Safe.
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

Sorry a correction, the camera is a IP2M-841B, it the older version of my other ones.

Dean
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

Just tries that idea that you put the camera close to what you want, then set a preset, from there i did bump the camera over to were I wanted it then rebooted the camera and it did indeed go back to the last position I had manually moved it to.

Thanks for your input on this issue!

Dean
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Update on the Device. Glad to hear it wasn't a 1041.
Be Safe.