IP4M - 1026EW Camera Re-Wire to Keystone Jack

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M - 1026EW Camera Re-Wire to Keystone Jack

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I hope you are not trying to connect this without knowing what pin does what over a POE Connection? While most POE have to have things just a right way for them to send power. Meaning you can put a Non poe camera on a poe connection and it wouldn't cause any harm however because you have a POE camera and if your sending that voltage that is 48v into a camera that did have the right wire connected for the POE to give power but the Power wire was not on right pin you could be sending 48v into your cameras ground or video.

I find it strange that when you look at one of the links that Jack Sent it shows in the Diagram that 7 and 8 would be together and 4 and 5 where on mine only 4 That was CONN3 of the photo from the first link...

But yeah I don't have the camera anymore. But I had another camera that the end got cut off inside the wall. So I contacted the company that made it. They gave me the pin outs. Oddly when I gained access to my wires I had only 3 of the wires the same as the ones they gave me. Before I could fix it I had to open the bottom of my wall up so I could get the end and tone it out for the right pin out. Only thing I could think is my camera was 3rd or 4th gen and maybe wieres over time changed but the datasheet didn't.. I would if you don't own one buy a Multi meter and save your self the chance of blowing up your camera by feeding voltage where it don't want to be. They are cheap at your local big box stores or even have them at walmart that could do it just need to make sure it has the Beep to make it easier. I mean an old analog one will work just have to look at the meter more then you would with a digital one. Set to ohm aka Diode mode and you will have it wired back up working in no time..
Be Safe.