IP4M-1026EW-28MM vs Fios Router G3100

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Monz3358

IP4M-1026EW-28MM vs Fios Router G3100

Post by Monz3358 »

Purchased the IP4-1026EW POE camera with POE switch recently. Did a quick test before mounting IP camera and it worked fine was able to connect to local Fios network. I upgraded my Fios router G1100 to G3100 and now the IP camera won't connect to the local network. I confirmed the POE service is getting power because of the red lights coming on at night on the camera but it doesn't get an IP. Did a reset of the camera, replaced the network cable, purchased another test POE switch but nothing. Called Fios support the issue is the camera. Called Amcrest support and the issue is the router. Unsure what to do or how to get the IP camera to connect. I read that I needed to disable "SON" Self Organizing Network on the 3100 router but I did that and nothing. I think its the router blocking the IP cam from getting an IP address. Thoughts?
Thank you in advanced....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1026EW-28MM vs Fios Router G3100

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Fourm

Turning off SON? Though that was for working with Wifi issues when it would try and connect 5g rather then the 2.4.. But yeah I guess that might help some...

YOu still have the old G1100? you said it was working within that router I would have taken the Settings from the G1100 and made sure to transition All that info to the G3100.. Sadly both are kind issue prone but each is their own...

It is hard to say what is going on.. Can you load up the IP config tool and give that a run and see what your issues are!
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... l-Download

Then post back the info...

i also need some info from your Laptop or Desktop however your trying to config things...

Press the Windows Key next to the left Alt and press R then type in cmd then press enter then type ipconfig
The result should look something like this However yours might or should only Show one IP address and maybe a v6 ip as well... all the others on mine are added because I use a complex network system with cameras in different ranges...
Screenshot (2437).jpg
Screenshot (2437).jpg (39.53 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Then I need info from your ARP as well or data form the IP Config tool...

However Arp would be in the same window after your typed ipconfig...

type arp -g then press enter

So after the Arp we are looking for what your IP is and what IP your camera and Switch comes up as... You might need a Managed Switch for what your trying to do but we will see what happens when I learn some more info on your system
Be Safe.