IP4M-1026E not triggering FTP upload

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hendry

IP4M-1026E not triggering FTP upload

Post by hendry »

Code: Select all

Software Version2.420.AC01.3.R, Build Date: 2018-02-06
WEB Version3.2.1.454221
ONVIF Version2.42(V2.2.2.428697)
S/NAMC0278597B71ACA93

I have snapshots kindof working. Not sure what 1, 3, 5 means below.

However, it's not predictable when I get a snapshot.

However I am not getting any mp4 videos. Can someone please view https://s.natalian.org/2019-07-10/not-alerting.mp4 and spot where I might be going wrong ?

Is there new firmware I should try?
James.S

Re: IP4M-1026E not triggering FTP upload

Post by James.S »

I will try and help clear some things up that I can see so far.

1. You are currently selected on the Green ( Region 4) However you have your FOV outlined with Orange ( Region 1).
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (570.97 KiB) Viewed 536 times

2. you can see here that when you select Region 1 the graph is also different indication this is the default Region in use at the time.

Also, I highlighted your Sensitivity and Threshold. In most cases, 60 sensitivity and 5-10 Threshold is the best. Low sensitivity and high threshold will mean your target will need to be in the picture for a VERY long time and constantly moving before it will trigger the system to record.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (583.41 KiB) Viewed 536 times

3. (1.) make sure you have the Record Option enabled to record the detected motion.
(2.) This is the number of snapshots it will take and send. you can toggle "Send Email" and if you have your email set up in the system you will receive One, Three or Five Snapshots of the event.
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (143.29 KiB) Viewed 536 times

4. (Important)
(1.)You need to make sure that you have Motion Detection scheduled. Currently, the Green line symbolized Continuous recording (General Recording).
(2.) Inside setup there will be a different color for Motion detection, This color should be yellow. When motion detection is scheduled you will see a major difference as of right night since it is not scheduled the device is not looking for motion.
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (204.19 KiB) Viewed 536 times
hendry

Post by hendry »

I think I was missing the Record being ticked, as you indicated in Capture3.PNG. Thanks for that!

I had to adjust the motion sensitivity as I noticed it was triggered by rain otherwise. A common occurrence in England!

Further questions:

Is there a way to see the settings in a plain text developer friendly declarative format? I don't like having to setup cameras by toggling lots of buttons.

Is there a way to launch the extension to view the camera other than >10 step process I'm currently doing? https://s.natalian.org/2019-07-11/amcrest-access.mp4
jack7

Post by jack7 »

hendry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:40 pm ...
Is there a way to launch the extension to view the camera other than >10 step process I'm currently doing? https://s.natalian.org/2019-07-11/amcrest-access.mp4
Look for chrome shortcuts in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZVB7exfHk
or use PC IE and put bookmark with IP address in bookmark bar.
James.S

Post by James.S »

hendry wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:40 pm I think I was missing the Record being ticked, as you indicated in Capture3.PNG. Thanks for that!

I had to adjust the motion sensitivity as I noticed it was triggered by rain otherwise. A common occurrence in England!

Further questions:

Is there a way to see the settings in a plain text developer friendly declarative format? I don't like having to setup cameras by toggling lots of buttons.

Jack7 is correct, For my devices at home I have them bookmarked then I created a shortcut of the bookmark on one of my monitors. If I need to open it quickly it's as simple as a double click and enter the password.

I'm also using IE on Windows 10.
hendry

Post by hendry »

I managed to make a shortcut. Though is there a way for it to prefill the IP address? Or at least remember it?

Bonus points for remembering the credentials.

Any ideas about:

I need this feature else I won't be enthused to buy and setup more cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know of a way for it to Auto fill.

I wonder why your not using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) You can have it log in for you however you still have to bring up the Camera by clicking on it on the Live View and then dragging the Camera or NVR or DVR into the window to view. Or you can double click the camera. It is really Robust and works well for me. However I do use almost every type of VIEW that is open to my camera. Even when I use the Chrome App I find it is a pain to add address only because my Password is so large so I have to type a few different large input. Other then that the APp loads camera auto so it is a toss up what is good. However in my own mind the ASP is faster. I click it, IT shows a login screen then logs in and then the menu area. Click Live View and drag the camera. I would still be typing the IP in the Chrome APP... Chrome App 10 numbers for my IP and then 18 letters numbers and extras for password... However crazy thing is every once in a while I have to type my user name in there as well. I would say 4 out of 10 times it will preload my username lol... So yeah ASP much faster....

However I would like to mention something... If you are going to or thinking about buying more cameras if setting up things and remembering IP address or Passwords is an issue you may want to think about buying a DVR and Cameras. Then it is COOL because you only have 1 IP to remember and say if you wanted a 4K system like (AMDV80M8-4B-W) you install the Cameras plug them into the DVR and after a little bit of a setup you can access the DVR over your TV or other means. Also by Phone APP and even the Chrome View APP not that you would really want to when you can have best looking from the DVR on your TV... You could get even a UltraHD 4MP DVR setup as well. I just don't remember any of the product numbers off hand and I was looking at the one I gave item # to because I was looking to add one so I could use it with my new 4k TV lol...

Plus with IP cameras it almost all of them have SLOTS for MSD card and one should be installed in every camera that has a SLOT for Back up in case of a Fail to upload to NAS ftp or NVR.... There will be record on camera....
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I use IE for quick access to my IP2M-841 and also my NVR (another make). I found out a while ago that you can have two different home pages in IE so each device has it's own separate tab and I have IE in my Windows Startup folder. A quick click to connect on each tab when my system boots is all it takes. If I wanted to see both tabs at the same time I could drag one tab onto another part of my desktop and then see them both.

It's easy to create a desktop shortcut to a particular URL using your default browser, with the URL open in your browser copy all the text from the address bar and then right click the desktop and choose New/Shortcut and just paste in the URL. Windows will recognise it to find and open that page with your default browser (Firefox in my case).

There's no problem having different browsers running simultaneously.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03