IP3M HX2 unable to reset

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sig

IP3M HX2 unable to reset

Post by sig »

I have an IP3M HX2 that will not reset no matter how long I depress the RST button. It was working fine for several years and then went offline suddenly this week. The red led is illuminated and when the RST button is held it starts to blink and then turn amber and then back solid red again. IP Config does not see it at all. I fear it is toast which is unfortunate since Amcrest does not sell anything like it any longer given its size and FOV. Additionally, the new cameras do not work with AVP IOS for iPad P2P so I am at a loss to replace it.

I realize this was probably not a big selling camera for them but has anyone else encountered this issue? I'd like to salvage the camera if possible.
sig

Re: IP3M HX2 unable to reset

Post by sig »

Anybody?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear about the issues. I don't know how you are trying to setup your camera after a Reset?

So here is what I would try if I had this camera.

Remove the cover showing Ethernet port. Then connect camera to the Router/hub or switch. Using Ip Config do a search and see if your camera somes up. if it does then setup the camera over the Ethernet port and setup for your router. once you have the new info setup in the Wifi wireless for your router you can reboot the camera and at that time remove the cable and let it setup over wifi..

If you have been doing this and can't find the IP then maybe it is setup on 192.168.1.108 or 0.108 and you could try to access it over them IP's If your system is setup with that range and that IP is in use that would be one reason it won't setup.

Ideas I can't say this will solve your issue only an idea that may work..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
sig

Post by sig »

IP Config via Ethernet was the first thing I tried after repeated failed resets. No worky.
sig

Post by sig »

James, are you aware of any other Amcrest camera that has the wide angle FOV that this device has? Not including the fisheye model. Frankly, I don't think any of the current firmware cameras work with the IOS iPad AVP.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it is a tough one really. IF I think right that camera is like 135 FOV and that is really wide for such small camera without it being a Fish eye as you mention..

The only thing that comes to mind that might be close however it am sure going to be nothing less then the new FW HTML format. So you would have a tough time on iOS devices as you mention.

That is a 5mp Wedge, It has a 130 FOV and I can't say that it will fit your needs but was only thing as close that I could think of. Model Number IP5M-W1150EW-AI. I have a Dahua 4mp version of the Wedge. They are built really well and small. I think the Amcrest is little smaller then my 4mp ones. The Amcrest is like 4.3 x 4.3 x 2.4 I think and while that isn't as small as the HX it is only one that I remember with a FOV close to 135 being as I said 130..
Be Safe
sig

Post by sig »

Do any other manufacturers cameras work with AVP? This camera setup is in conjunction with a number of other cameras (all Amcrest) that a client uses to monitor on their IOS iPad.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Amcrest and Dahua format type cameras can work on AVP over IP. However if they want a P2P solution then they will need to stay with the Amcrest brand. Only Amcrest can work over P2P on Amcrest View Pro.
Be Safe
sig

Post by sig »

That's what I thought James. Thanks. I guess I need to go to ebay to find an older model since the new cameras do not work with iPad. It's hard to believe that Amcrest has not fixed that issue in over a year now but they continue to mislead people about it. That is what we used to call "dishonest."
sig

Post by sig »

A local guy on eBay had a brand new, factory sealed one and I picked it up today. Works as it should on iPad.