IP3M-HX2 Issue with Google Chrome

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mupimohan

IP3M-HX2 Issue with Google Chrome

Post by mupimohan »

I have both IP3M-HX2W and HX2B. Using ethernet connection.

I can login to one camera using Google Chrome (inside my network) and do everything. But if I logout and login to the other camera, I am asked to install a plugin!

Why wont the web browser work when I basically have 2 same cameras, with same firmware version. Why does it ask for plugin when the 2 cameras are basically the same?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-HX2 Issue with Google Chrome

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure. Sounds like there is a moment that you make a connection with the Chromes Amcrest View App. Then when you bring it up again it don't link over to the app and trys to access with Chrome... When you log in the first time does it look somewhat like the picture I am attaching or just your chrome. Can you log on the other one for the first time. Or always are you saying that the one camera you can log on view Chrome. Can you take a Screen shot of both of your cameras info. Just edit out the SN that isn't ever anything that should be made public...

Screenshot (498).png
Screenshot (498).png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 424 times
Be Safe.
TahirB

Post by TahirB »

Mupimohan,

I'm not sure what could be causing that issue, as Revo2Maxx showed, if your using the Chrome Extension it should work fine, if you are just using Chrome and not opening the Extension App it will always recommend you to download a Plugin.

I would also like to let you know that we have a new major firmware coming soon that will replace the plugin system and start using Javascript instead, Javascript will make things much easier for your particular situation. We should have at least a test version of this firmware by next week, possibly even an official release if everything goes well.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I use the Chrome Extension/App. I can login to any one of the cameras. But I have to quit Chrome App and open again if I want to login to the other camera. If I just logout of one camera while keeping the Chrome App on, then it will ask for a plugin and nothing happens if I click the plugin.

I tried the test firmware that is posted here. That thread says it is a Java update and does not require a plugin. But it does ask for a plugin. may be that test firmware is not working.

If I am using 3MP and 4MP cameras, I can understand that their plug-in's cant co-exist. Why does the app ask for a plugin if the 2 cameras are basically the same except for the color? One plugin should work for both the cameras and the app should not be asking for a plugin.

I prefer uisng Internet Explorer. The Amcrest Surveillance Pro isnt better. Playing back the videos is such a hassle using the Pro. It keeps changing the aspect ratio back and forth. The digital zoom and pan in PRO is also jerky compared to IE. I dont really care to watch mutliple cameras in a split window. So to me IE is the best option. But IE will also ask for a plugin if I am mixing 3MP, 4MP and 4K cameras. So I have been using IE for the 4MP camera and Chrome App for the 3MP. But now that I have two 3MP cameras (IP3M-HX2W and HX2B), I cant use the Amcrest View Pro extension as I dont want to keep logging in and out to switch between the 2 cameras.
Last edited by mupimohan on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

cc.jpg
cc.jpg (96.13 KiB) Viewed 411 times
bb.jpg
bb.jpg (14.58 KiB) Viewed 411 times
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 411 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Yes I have already tried deleting the extension and adding it again to Chrome. Didnt help.