IP3M-943 no longer connects to WiFi

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hennesseystealth

IP3M-943 no longer connects to WiFi

Post by hennesseystealth »

Before mounting my camera outside my garage, I plugged in the camera and tested the connection and live stream. All worked fine. I then unplugged the camera, mounted it in the same location where I tested, and connected the power, but it no longer connects to WiFi. My phone shows a max WiFi signal in that location, but the camera will not connect.

Do I need to do a reset and go through the setup again? If so, that would be a pain since we do have power failures a few times a year.

Thoughts?
JStateson

Re: IP3M-943 no longer connects to WiFi

Post by JStateson »

You need to make the ip address of the camera permanent. That is done in the router. I posted how to do that on an At&t router which might be helpful.
hennesseystealth

Post by hennesseystealth »

Strange, I replied yesterday to close the loop but it isn't here today. Here goes again. Thanks, setting a fixed IP address in my router worked. Unfortunately, I have another issue now as my camera has gone AWOL and won't connect to my network. I have opened another topic on that one (cannot find network host).
seraniz

Post by seraniz »

JStateson wrote:You need to make the ip address of the camera permanent. That is done in the router. I posted how to do that on an At&t router which might be helpful.
Clean Master Adam4adam Mathway
Strange, I replied yesterday to close the loop but it isn't here today. Here goes again. Thanks, setting a fixed IP address in my router worked. Unfortunately, I have another issue now as my camera has gone AWOL and won't connect to my network. I have opened another topic on that one (cannot find network host).