IP3M-941B Unable to Connect to 5ghz - Incorrect/wrong Password

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
shawnhaywood

IP3M-941B Unable to Connect to 5ghz - Incorrect/wrong Password

Post by shawnhaywood »

I'm attempting to connect a new IP3M-941 to my home 5ghz network, but I recieve a message saying wrong/incorrect password. I have verified the correct password. The camera connects to the network via cable, but not 5ghz.I updated to the most current firmware. I need to connect to 5ghz, versus 2.4.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-941B Unable to Connect to 5ghz - Incorrect/wrong Password

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure... I do know that while 5ghz will give you faster speed for your devices sadly 2.4 is said to give you more distance.. I wonder if what is happening is that it can't find the 5 and is trying to connect to the 2.4.. As a test you could set the password for both 2.4 and 5 to the same password and see if it connects that way?
Be Safe.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-941B Unable to Connect to 5ghz - Incorrect/wrong Password

Post by longedge »

This is something that I have done recently with one of my cameras.

With the camera connected by ethernet I logged in to the web user interface with MS Edge (Chrome based version) and in Setup/Network/WiFi I clicked "enable". The camera searched and found a number of wifi networks including my 5GHz network which I clicked on. I was asked for the wifi password. It's 35 characters long so I keep a text file handy from which I copied and pasted the network password and the camera connected to wifi.

At this point the camera was still connected by ethernet and I unplugged it. I went to my router web UI to find out what IP address had been allocated to the camera on the wifi connection and then entered the new address in Edge and logged in to the camera once more using my camera username and password NOT the wifi network password. Back in the camera settings Network/TCPIP/ I changed the default from ethernet to wifi and DHCP to FIXED (click "save" every time you have changed anything).

I've also changed my router settings so that the same IP address is always allocated to the camera.

A bit of a ramble I know but it has worked fine for me and the camera works on either ethernet, wifi or in fact both at the same time with the cable plugged in but with different IP addresses. The camera username and password is always the same no matter how it's connected.

p.s. - I see Revo has answered whilst I was typing, but I'll leave this here anyway - good luck with it :)
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03