IP3M-941B - some additional questions

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
StaffanC

IP3M-941B - some additional questions

Post by StaffanC »

Camera: IP3M-941B
Camera Firmware: Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_NP_AMCREST_V2.620.00AC00.3.R.20191218
Set-up interface: Chrome on Windows 7 Pro
Router make/model: Asus RT-AC51U, latest firmware.

Dear all,

Further to my inquiry about the possibility to specify the recording time after a triggered motion event, I kindly ask for answers to the following:

1) Menu item: Event\Video Detection\Motion Detection

Anti-Dither What is the purpose of this parameter ?

2) Menu item: Storage\Record Control

Pack Duration What is the purpose of this parameter ?

Record Mode What is the purpose of this parameter ?

3) Menu item: Storage\Destination\FTP

Remote Directory What is the syntax for this parameter?

No matter what I enter here I always receive this error message:

“FTP server test failure; user read only right”.

But, no matter what I try to enter here there is no
way to make it work.

Yes, I know that this is an old shortcoming of the
IP3M-941B firmware, but should this not have been
resolved after all these years 😊 ????

I know I’m asking for a lot, but he who asks no questions
Receives no answers at all 😊

I enclose a PDF showing two pictures from WS_FTP Pro and my Asus Router.

Many thanks for any comment on the above.

Kind regards,

Staffan
Attachments
Amcrest_Forum_Questions_2021-01-11.pdf
(126.21 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-941B - some additional questions

Post by longedge »

1. What's Anti-Dither - It's a question I've raised myself in the past - https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... her#p11907 . I think of it in terms of the period during which the camera disregards motion detected after the initial detection to avoid dozens of unwanted activations. If you search the forum you will find other threads on the subject.

2.Pack duration the length in minutes of video recordings before a new file is created.

3. FTP - I presume you've got WS-FTP client installed on a PC running 24/7. Is the computer really at 192.168.1.1 ? I would have thought that would more likely be your router/network gateway. Problems with FTP have been ongoing in various ways for years and at one time or another I've experienced them all (ridiculously long file structure, files being deleted, unable to connect etc. etc.) and have given up on it. In my case the FTP address was to the client running on my NAS. This is what my settings looked like when I last had FTP enabled. Each camera creates a sub folder for itself into which files are saved -
ftp.jpg
ftp.jpg (31.34 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
I have found that after setting the connection up, clicking the test button at first says that it could not connect but then clicking the test button again and again in quick succession finally comes back with a success. I can't work it out and have given up trying.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
StaffanC

Post by StaffanC »

Dear longedge!

I'm forever grateful for your support.

1) I'll check it out...

2) OK, got it. ( even though this parameter has been set already when defining the Motion settings -> through the parameter called "recording delay, or something similar...)

3) 192.168.1.1 is my LAN Asus router. I sometimes dump camera recordings to an USB stick attached to my router. It works in Thailand and Turkey but not with my Asus router here in sweden ( and my Amcrest camera).

We ignorant Amrecst users have to thank the Lord for people like yourself.

Many thanks for everything.

/Staffan
StaffanC

Post by StaffanC »

Good morning, Longedge!

I found an old, outdated, DLink IP camera ( in my closet ) which I connected to my router, Asus AC51U router. I set up its FTP client to dump recordings to the router FTP server. Works beautifully !

I guess its because both the D-Link IP camera and the Asus router both come from Taiwan. Some mothertongue so to speak ;)

Cheers,

Staffan
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Well yes, some devices are better than others at what they do. My iPhone for instance gets a perfect connection to my router on 5GHz in rooms in my house where other devices can't even 'see' the network.

I don't know anything about Asus routers and the ftp server that runs on them, presumably you have a USB drive attached. In my case the ftp implementation on my WD NAS works fine except for my Amcrest cameras so I'm forced to conclude that my problems are down to the cameras, at least to the firmware as the problems have varied over time and been different with various fimware versions.

The thing to do is to experiment and find a method that works for you :) .

p.s. - Others have had success with ftp when connecting to filezilla server installed on a PC. It's something I keep meaning to try out but haven't got around to yet.
StaffanC

Post by StaffanC »

Thanks, mate!

/Staffan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I Just use Win10 FTP service. You do have to turn them on but once you add the service there is no other part software on your computer.. You can find into on youtube for setting it up and even others setting up for cameras I think..

Kind in mind that having it setup on your computer will require the computer to be running for FTP to keep going. Also I have a good many cameras and from time to time I forget to check my HDD on my FTP server and have had 2 months of footage saved and starts to slow down the computer to where I had 6 cameras going for 45 days of footage and took a good 20 or 30 minutes to clean up the HDD so the system would work well enough to flow freely.. So just setup a time or day to go over footage keep what you want backed up delete the rest.. For a lot of cameras it can be a lot of work on the HDD so keep in mind you will want to use a good quality HDD and I would do as I did anyway and not add it to your Main boot drive for your computer but a second or 3rd or so on drive to keep Windows free flowing.. I have used FTP on a single drive so it can be done I just think it is safer for me to have a HDD set aside for the FTP server so if from all the hours and constant writing if it fails your widows machine don't fail also..
Be Safe.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I'm forced to take back what I said previously about failure to connect via ftp being down to my cameras. There's a new firmware version that's just come out for my WD MyCloudMirror NAS and I've installed it. Having done that I logged into my cameras and set each one up to save snapshots to my NAS using ftp. Worked perfectly first time on each camera as did the test button.
Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 »

Good morning, taking a chance that anybody in this thread has the older firmware prior to 2019 for the IP3M-941B and would be willing to share with me. I updated the firmware yesterday and basically made my tried and true camera, useless since it is not able to stay logged in for more than a few hours rendering the recordings useless.