IP3M-941B Has Blurry Video

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

IP3M-941B Has Blurry Video

Post by hawkeye62 »

No problems with my Amcrest cameras for a long time. Now I have two cameras that need fixing. My ASH47-W has been discussed in another thread. Now my IP3M-941B has developed a blurry video. I cleaned the lens and adjusted brightness and sharpness settings. Nothing helped. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-941B Has Blurry Video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there is a couple of things. One thing I will admit that I bought a bum 841V3. When I seen the camera it was listed with a bad image, I bought it because I wanted it for investigation reasons. I personally didn't think I was going to be able to fix it (I just wanted it and the Price was right) So when it came it was Brand new not even a finger print on it. So I started it up and sure enough there was a bad image. So I tore the camera down and found there was a part floating in the Lens over the sensor and after removing that and putting the camera back together it worked just as expected.

For the 941 I do own one as well. An issue that can happen with these cameras is IRC caused by the motor going out or damage to the Circuit. Another issue could be a damaged Lens.

Can you post a picture of what the camera can see and I might be able to tell you what it is. Picture below is of a Camera off the 841EB with lens and IRC mounted to camera. Please note that taking the camera apart to this point will take some time. The hardest part is taking the head apart to get access to the camera board, lens and IRC...
20240116_154028.jpg
20240116_154028.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1176 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have a .png file of the blurry video, b
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (10).png (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1167 times
ut I forget how to add it to a post.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So looking at the Picture my guess is that the camera is in a Very Cold and Damp location that it wasn't built for. One of a couple of things could have happened to cause this. First drifting snow has made it onto the camera body and as the heat of the camera removes the snow it caused humidity to enter the camera lens and is sitting on the inside of the camera lens. (Removing the lens can be done however damage will happen if system isn't removed) that is because the Lens is threaded into the IRC frame and then it is plastic welded between the frame and lens threads.

Another thing that might clear this up is taking the camera from the cold area and adding it into a Humidity Controlled area. If you own a Dehumidifier I would put it in the room with one and make sure that the lens is facing so droplets can't fall on the camera sensor

Worse case, You will need to buy a new lens, This might be problematic, Just need to find one that will fit the mount as long as the lens can be removed from mount without damaging it. If it can't then you will need to buy a IRC lens mount and 3mp lens that fits your needs. don't remember but I think the lens in the 941 is a 4mm lens. Biggest issue is that it will need to be installed and adjusted for a clear focus and then best to make it stay once you get it to focus.

One last thing, Even if the camera is inside looking out the lens and the camera can be at 2 different temps and cause the inside of the lens to fog up. This has happened to me with one of my 841's that I had in the front window a few years back. Not as bad as what yours looks like. I have Heavy Blackout curtains that don't let light or heat from the room enter the window and or cold into the room and because of the cameras heat and extreme cold I had a lens issue. Removed camera and put in room that was heated and with controlled humidity of 34% for winter months.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also I am not judging anyone that uses any camera in an area where it wasn't designed to be. Here is my 941 that I have connected to my 4216E-AI NVR and using one of the built in AI channels on that for an Intrusion zone. That isn't in the camera that is a feature from my NVR.. I have this camera on my front porch that is under cover and up high so it don't get much if any snow drift..
Screenshot (991).png
Screenshot (991).png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 1149 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for your fantastic reply. Yes, the camera is installed outside under a deck. It is not directly exposed to weather, but I am sure blowing snow could have reached it. It is a very cold, snowy winter here in Utah. My first thought was that the lens had "fogged" over because of the cold wet conditions. But, after I cleaned the lens with no improvement I knew something was wrong.

Anyway, I don't think I have the skills to repair the camera. I think my strategy will be to move the camera inside for the rest of the winter. If it recovers, I will put it up outside under the deck again. If no recovery, I can replace it.

Best regards, Jim