IP3M-941, PC-NVR not working properly

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rmzcd

IP3M-941, PC-NVR not working properly

Post by rmzcd »

I have a IP3M-941 that I have installed and tried to access and activate the auto record on motion detection. But unfortunately I have issues seeing the camera in my list. here is what I have:
camera: IP3M-941
- installed app (which seems not to matter) is latest Amcrest Surveillance Pro (found at https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro)
- PC-NVR is set up correctly and works (guide is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G3uRyg ... p4BJh/view)
- My camera is online and I can see and fully control it via live-view
- I set up the camera using S/N
- When I click on the device management I don't see the set up camera (it only shows the camera that are set up using IP [Office_IP] and not the one that is set using S/N [Office] and I believe this is the reason that it doesn't work) please see the attached images

Please, is there a solution?
Attachments
00-Screenshot 2021-12-07 214603.jpg
00-Screenshot 2021-12-07 214603.jpg (85.24 KiB) Viewed 265 times
00_Screenshot 2021-12-07 214413.png
00_Screenshot 2021-12-07 214413.png (32.22 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP3M-941, PC-NVR not working properly

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

The issue is the PC-NVR and all NVR or IP connected DVR will only work with Local IP cameras as a Safety to the owner of the cameras.

NO camera over P2P will record to your PC-NVR.. It used to be if I remember right I will have to look at older ASP to make sure I am correct however I think you couldn't even do a Local Record either. Now that is an Option in the new. What that means is if you wanted to record a short clip of something you see in Live View you can press the Record at the top right to get a Snap shot and a Recording of what is happening at the current time. Only down fall with this is you can press that however it only last I think no longer then 1 hour before it just writes noting even though the time of the video will keep going only first hour will play.

So want to Record, Remove the Device from P2P and setup using IP of the Camera and once you do that the device will show up in your PC-NVR list of items you can setup to record.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
rmzcd

Post by rmzcd »

so technically there is no way to connect PC-NVR to this camera remotely and one has to set them up local to the camera, right?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I don't want to say no however securely the best answer is no. You could always forward the camera 37777 port and make remote connection with your routers ip. Personally I don't do this anymore and would make sure to set up some type of firewall maybe even ip security by adding your computers ip in the ip filter setting .

Looking over some internet data i don't see any 941's on the internet however I do see over 1300 841's that people have open to the internet.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe