IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Post Reply
TahirB
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 2:08 pm

IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by TahirB »


We want to thank you all for working with us directly as we finalized the production of the new javascript platform, we intend on continuing to push out beta tests for all non-discontinued devices.


Note: This Javascript firmware includes the hotfixes for Logo Overlay and HTTPS.



How to Update Firmware

For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article:https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHL ... u.be&t=185


:!: Caution :!:
Once upgraded you are not able to go back to a Non-Javascript Firmware.

:!: Caution :!:

Javascript Release Notes

- We have updated our Web Interface to use Java rather than a Browser Plugin, this should make for a much smoother desktop experience.

- FTP functionality has been updated to be more compatible with all FTP, FTPS, and SFTP solutions.

- Gmail email alert compatibility has been improved to work more effectively with SSL and TLS protocols.

- Various security enhancements have been integrated to further safeguard your Amcrest security camera.

Browser Compatability

Chrome - Confirmed working and it is the Recommended browser.

Edge - Confirmed Working - No Audio

Firefox - Confirmed Working - No Audio

Safari - Confirmed Working - No Audio

Internet Explorer - This browser has been deprecated and will no longer be supported at this time.

Temporarily Removed Features

- WebUI Local Recording
- WebUI Microphone Audio

These features have been removed for security reasons, we intend to bring them back in future firmware updates.


:!: Caution :!:
THIS IS FOR THE IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 ONLY at this time.
:!: Caution :!:



Release Firmware
For Models IP3M-941, IP2M-841E and IP3M-HX2

Download Here >https://sup-files.s3.us-east-2.amazonaw ... 190803.bin


We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience and support of Amcrest. If you run into any issues please let us know.

mupimohan
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by mupimohan »

Does the camera IP3M-HX2 automatically look for latest release firmware and does the upgrade? If so how can I disable automatic upgrade
mupimohan
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by mupimohan »

Is the Chrome extension "Amcrest Web View" still required with this firmware?
geronimo
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by geronimo »

I installed this firmware today. Here are some issues I found.

1. I exported config file before upgrade and resetting to default. After upgrade, it would not import the file back in. No big deal, I just did setup all over. Perhaps I should have done the upgrade first, then export, then reset to default.

2. I can no longer set the "path" for files I want to save, such as video clips. It says that the path is the current browser's download path. So, when I save a file, I need to give the path each time. I actually prefer it this way, but some may not.

3. No audio in Firefox, already mentioned above

4. Amcrest logo on screen. Instructions on how to remove are found under previous firmware upgrades for other devices.
geronimo
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by geronimo »

mupimohan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:40 pm Is the Chrome extension "Amcrest Web View" still required with this firmware?
No.
clef
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:49 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by clef »

If this FW is anything like the similar update for 841 wireless, it's going to break HTTPS for everybody. Careful out there.
greenzkool
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by greenzkool »

I upgraded my camera and now if it try to use PTZ it freezes and reboots itself. I am not able to move the camera.

Actually, it is just rebooting all the time no matter what i do.
ktwa
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by ktwa »

After upgrading the cameras, the Amcrest PC-NVR software stops recording video. This is version V1.14.1.R.20161018 which is the latest one on the Amcrest web-site. I had to rollback to the old camera firmware, as not being able to record any video makes the cameras unsuitable for their main purpose. Note that live video in the Amcrest Surveillance Pro PC application displays fine.
James.S

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by James.S »

mupimohan wrote: Does the camera IP3M-HX2 automatically look for latest release firmware and does the upgrade? If so how can I disable automatic upgrade
Our devices will not auto-upgrade the firmware, however, it should alert you of a new update.

geronimo wrote: I installed this firmware today. Here are some issues I found.

1. I exported config file before upgrade and resetting to default. After upgrade, it would not import the file back in. No big deal, I just did setup all over. Perhaps I should have done the upgrade first, then export, then reset to default.

2. I can no longer set the "path" for files I want to save, such as video clips. It says that the path is the current browser's download path. So, when I save a file, I need to give the path each time. I actually prefer it this way, but some may not.

3. No audio in Firefox, already mentioned above

4. Amcrest logo on screen. Instructions on how to remove are found under previous firmware upgrades for other devices.

I have pushed this information to our R&D team to look further into.



clef wrote: If this FW is anything like the similar update for 841 wireless, it's going to break HTTPS for everybody. Careful out there.

As it is stated in the post this fixes HTTPS.
greenzkool wrote: I upgraded my camera and now if it try to use PTZ it freezes and reboots itself. I am not able to move the camera.

Actually, it is just rebooting all the time no matter what i do.
ktwa wrote: After upgrading the cameras, the Amcrest PC-NVR software stops recording video. This is version V1.14.1.R.20161018 which is the latest one on the Amcrest web-site. I had to rollback to the old camera firmware, as not being able to record any video makes the cameras unsuitable for their main purpose. Note that live video in the Amcrest Surveillance Pro PC application displays fine.
Please reach out to us via email so we can work with you further. ([email protected])
kgreen29
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:33 am

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by kgreen29 »

Please post the previous firmware for the ip2m-841e for those of us that don't want the latest firmware yet. The prev firmware section is blank. Too many issues posted with the newer firmwares so im not ready to jump to it yet.
Post Reply