IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Techie007

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by Techie007 »

Just noting that I have dozens of these cameras installed in commercial security systems, all upgraded to the latest firmware, and I am having none of these problems; the new firmware is better in every regard in my experience. I wish I could upgrade the IP2M-852 outdoor cameras to this level firmware too so they would be HTML5 compliant instead of requiring a browser plugin in order to see the video feed during configuration.
lemmy999

Post by lemmy999 »

Odd that you seem to be the only person not having issues.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@lemmy999 It is hard to say why some have issues and others don't.. While I am not sure if your 841 is an E aka POE or if yours is only the 841W or B it might be as I know the 2 machines are different and that is why they don't share the Same FW...

So while I can't say for sure.. I know I didn't upgrade my 841EB and still using 2.420.AC00.17.R, Build Date: 2017-03-22 Then one of my 841B I am using 2.250 from 2017 as well. The rest are using the new FW and sadly most of them have issues. While it isn't bad issue they are still issues...

Like from day one with the new FW of 2019 camera wakes up after a reboot with preset 1 not being where I set it and while it isn't everytime it reboots I would say maybe once or 2 times a month it will be off in la la land and found for a short time I thought I found the issue having Preset 3 set and after doing a Factory Reset and only setting up Preset 1 after about month I woke up one day and it was all off the map and when I looked at the presets it was from back before I did the FW from 19 to 2020 one and 4 presets that had been set were also back in it... So today it again reboot at 2am and looked it was right in place however when I checked the preset it was off in la la land to an area I have not set nor would I because it was facing curtain...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

My (2) 941's seem to be fine on the 2019 release. Glad I dont have to have the chrome extension anymore to view via web gui. But they mainly stream to my NAS anyway, not often I go directly into them. And am using them wireless.
ISLewis

Post by ISLewis »

Purchased 2 IP3M-941s a while back. Updated to the latest firmware and both became terribly unstable. Crashing almost anytime they were viewed. Went through the whole rma process. Refurb cams both with 20191219. Similarly unstable albeit not quite as bad and the PTZ presets are constantly either being reset or deleted. I'm done with this brand.
ISLewis

Post by ISLewis »

Also, all 4 941s that I've had emit an unacceptable amount of RFI on 146.915MHz.
Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 »

ISLewis wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:01 pm Purchased 2 IP3M-941s a while back. Updated to the latest firmware and both became terribly unstable. Crashing almost anytime they were viewed. Went through the whole rma process. Refurb cams both with 20191219. Similarly unstable albeit not quite as bad and the PTZ presets are constantly either being reset or deleted. I'm done with this brand.
Just Updated my 2 IP3M-941 cameras this morning, and it no longer requires the Amcrest Web View and when you try to load it in IE, I now get an error message to load in chrome. I thought this would be a nice feature and it is since there aren't any needed plugins in order to use the camera with chrome. But When you load up the camera in chrome, there is no longer an option to record video at all.

The Video now locks up whenever motion is detected. It did not do this prior to this new Chrome firmware.

The Speed Adjustment is still too fast even when its set to 1 so trying to adjust the camera into position or even to track something has been a pain.

Although not required, if I load the Camera in Amcrest Web View App I can then record.

I am not interested in the Surveillance Pro software, so please do not recommend using that since I didn't need it prior.

Please post a link to the firmware that will allow me to use IE again so my camera can be of use because this latest firmware and the firmware prior are basically useless.

Latest - Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.620.00AC00.3.R.20200330.bin
Previous (Still the same as Latest) - Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.620.00AC003.3.R.20190803.bin

Both of these are useless to several IP3M-941 Users.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum

Once the camera is updated to the new FW you can not go back to the older then 2019 FW. This is why the FW don't come pre loaded on cameras when new it is something that the user does and no way to go back. There was talk they were trying to find a way to go back but I have not seen anything released yet..

Keep in mind that is why sometimes people get these with NEW FW installed because someone wasn't happy and returned it to amazon. Seeing it wasn't defective they put back for sale. Personally shouldn't be without being returned to Amcrest and they would Reflash old FW back to the camera. If it is under Warranty still they might Reflash it for you at no cost or send you a new one. I know there are some people that have had them Reflashed and some people have said they have tried them self and Bricked it. Some have paid for non warranty cameras to be reflashed by Amcrest if they are still doing that it would be something you would need to contact support for. New Years weekend so might not be anyone in office until Tuesday...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 »

That is a shame, I purchased this new in 2017 and its been the best camera I've had. The new firmware is very buggy and cannot stay logged in 24/7. The firmware prior to the chrome version was able to do this. Please list the previous firmware prior to the chrome versions. If anybody has a copy of this firmware, would you be able to share it with the community please?
Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 »

ScottW1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:20 pm I just found this forum and registered to share my experience with the new firmware.

I upgraded (1) of my (8) IP3M-941's to the new firmware. Ran into some minor problems with PTZ, and after trying some workarounds decided to "downgrade" back to old firmware (I had a copy on my PC). The downloaded files don't say anything about not being able to downgrade, and I hadn't been on the forum to see the warning at top of this thread.

The "downgrade" appeared to go just fine, but the camera didn't reboot. Solid red light on back. Powered off, back on, solid red light -- no movement, no network connection. Held button 30 seconds - nothing. Held button while powering on, got a few flashes of the red light, but nothing further. Tried multiple power cycles and hard resets, no response -- just a solid red light. CAMERA IS DEAD.

I RECOMMEND HEEDING THE WARNING IN POST #1 OF THIS THREAD, AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE. The camera I tried that on is now in the TRASH. :-(

As to the rest of my experience with the new firmware....

#1. The old firmware positioned the camera to preset #1 after reboot or power cycle. The new firmware seems to position the camera to the "last position set using PTZ jog controls" -- even if a preset was chosen after that. Would like to see the old behavior restored in a future version, i.e., go to preset #1 on reboot or power cycle. (There is a workaround for this in BlueIris, using the "Watchdog" function to select preset#1 on signal restoration.)

#2. I had terrible PTZ delay, overshoots, and some trouble setting presets when using EDGE browser. Switched to CHROME and had none of those problems. Using Chrome, I was able to set/delete presets reliably, they were retained after reboot, video and PTZ were very responsive.

#3. PTZ presets and jogging initially did not function at all from BlueIris. Changing the BlueIris setting for PTZ type from "Amcrest" to "Amcrest/Dahua" resolved that. Using the new setting, PTZ jogging and presets worked perfectly from BlueIris and were just as responsive as with old firmware.

#4. Really like the UI being native in browser (javascript)! Will be glad to ditch the plugin!

Hi ScottW1, what was the name of the old firmware and would you be willing to share it with me, I do not care if I brick my camera as its basically useless since the upgrade to the latest firmware.