IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
geronimo

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by geronimo »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:49 pm @eklee
Hello and welcome to the Forum...

While I am not going to say this is the issue but have you tried to do another reboot after the update... Also a factory reset is a Expectation after FW update.... Also should Format your MSD...

This week my Camera;'s have been very unhappy with me... I with them lol... However it is my fault my cameras are not happy with me this week that is because even though I have them indoors They are enclosed in windows that are sealed and found they have fallen below the Normal Operating temp range and while they are working they are VERY slow and unhappy lol.... They were driving me crazy and Reset my cameras, My DVR's my PC-NVR, MY Servers and everything.. Then put a Temp Gauge in the area where they are sealed into and found they are VERY cold between 9 and 20 degrees F. When they are running above the 14 or -10c as they are designed to work they are fine...
Are you an Amcrest cheerleader or what? You go out of your way to defend them.

I have four low resolution Amcrest cameras which work great. I bought an IP3M941 to have a better camera in a specific spot. It was working great before the firmware update. Now, it is sluggish. It won't record 24/7 to the SD card. I've set it to just record motion events now. It won't operate at all at the highest resolution, I've had to lower it to 1080P. Half the time, it doesn't show up on Surveillance Pro, even though it's connected to the router. It shuts off at random times, I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then it works half ass again.

The is the same camera on the same router that was working just fine before the firmware upgrade. I've rebooted it about a dozen times and done half a dozen hard resets.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Funny... Yeah no sorry can't say I am TBH. Sorry I guess you haven't seen all my POSTS... But yeah call it as you will... I tell it as it is and was...

defend them? In that post I talk about how things are running slow and Sluggish... However the 2 weeks before after every reboot was fine... Yet after the last reboot was bad... However NO I am not a Cheerleader,, NOR a FANBOY for the OTHER WOULD BEs... I am a Natural Born Trouble shooter and a GEEK... I work at making things work the way I want them too and have WAY more EXPECTATIONS for things that I want.... Defend them... Sorry you don't know the Half of the way things are... What I did.. IS what I know... Find out the Cause and Cure I have been that way my whole LIFE... Don't hate...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
eklee

Post by eklee »

@Revo2Maxx
I have tried hard resetting the camera, reflashing the firmware, re-adding the camera in the app multiple times. It really seems like it's the new firmware issue with the IP3M-941 model. My camera was working 100% fine prior to the update. I've been going back and forth with support over email the past week but it seems they are not aware of this issue or have any resolution to the problem. I've even linked this exact forum thread to the support agent to let them know this is not only happening to me. I've even tried calling support and the person who picked up was also not aware of any issues with this camera model. What they need to do is remove this firmware off of their website so other people who don't check the forums (like stupid me) prior to updating to potentially break their cameras. I might have to look into Wyze for future cameras now since they are cheap and I just found out they support RTSP with a firmware update.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

There should be a message(s) on the Amcrest firmware website that says something like this:

WARNING: If upgrading to camera current firmware, be aware that you cannot later downgrade it if there is no previous firmware link available next to the current firmware link. Trying to do so with any other firmware could destroy your camera.

That warning could be seen by anyone retrieving current firmware, not just people that see a forum post.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is a Great Idea Jack7 I will pass along your message.. I also feel it is important info that is kind of missing...
Be Safe
NickW

Post by NickW »

I got a factory refurbished IP2M-841E recently with this firmware loaded.

I haven't had any real problems with it, but I do notice that the "PreRecord" setting seems to have no effect.

You can set this to between 0 and 5 seconds, and it is suppose to save the recording on events for this many seconds prior to the 'event" (Motion, Alarm, whatever).

It doesn't work, ie it acts as if it's set to 0 all the time (I can change it, and I've checked that it does change). So all recordings begin at the exact time the event starts - so you miss the lead-up to the event.

Has anyone else seen this? is this a known bug?
peterk2003

Post by peterk2003 »

When will this be here for IP4M-1028E and NV4108E-HS?
chokai

Post by chokai »

Add me to the list of folks having problems with this firmware. I upgraded one of two IPM-941W's about three weeks ago. The other is fine. An IP2M-841E I upgraded is also just fine so it seems (mostly) specific to the 941W I think.

The camera was initially was highly unstable, crashing within 10 hours, but after a *second* flash and hard reset it did improve.

Current Symptoms
1) Drops off the WiFi several times a day (detected via continuous ping and missing NVR footage)
- Connected to an TP-Link EAP245 AC1750 AP 15ft away with direct LOS. 1GB wired backhaul.
- No problems with any other camera/devices.
2) Locks up completely every couple of days (anywhere from 2 to 5 days so far)

Interestingly last week after locking up and becoming inaccessible while I was away before I came home the camera rebooted as scheduled. That means even though inaccessible it was functional still at some level. I am waiting for another chance to validate that it does reboot as scheduled even after locking up. As a former dev/tester overall this behavior makes me suspicious of something in the networking stack for the camera or possibly some kind of leak.

Only recommendation AMCrest support has given me is to downgrade the firmware, but with the disclaimer it might brick the camera, so not gonna do that yet. My interim solution has been to put a smart outlet where the camera is plugged in so I can reboot it remotely if I need too. ;-)
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

Interesting read on this thread. I just received an 841-E and this thread makes me NOT want to upgrade the firmware. I appreciate all that posted the shortcomings of this firmware update.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly this is the old and the Release is not as this firmware... It will act just as the Normal 841 in a since. I do own the POE one as well I am running the NEW JS FW on it and it works just as expected... However I don't have any Presets on it past 1 but all reboots every week go to where I have the camera set to view and has been a very stable camera... I am powering it over my 24 port Cisco POE Switch and at times I do power it off my HP 24 port POE+ Switch and both keep enough power for camera not to have any issues There was a few times I even powered it from one of my 5v power from another 841 without issue...
Be Safe