IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
[email protected]

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by [email protected] »

any tips on what you did to add the old f/w w/out bricking?
slaghead

Post by slaghead »

Is there going g to be an updated firmware release anytime soon? I'm experiencing some of the same issues expressed here with my 941. Slow/nonexistant connection, erratic ptz issues, no playback, preset locations not persisting, random restarts. This has been a real disappointment from an otherwise good product.

This firmware renders this camera useless. At this point I'm better off leaving work, driving 20mins back home to see what's going on around the house.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Hey Amcrest support…..I have a IP3M-956 which needs the update to the FM that fixes the Gmail send issue, what is the timeline for this to get released ???
CodingSquirrel

Post by CodingSquirrel »

I've also been noticing that files have been disappearing from my NAS. Yesterday I noticed that there were only 3.5 days worth of video/pictures in my directory, when there should be about 9. Today I looked and everything prior to 3am today was gone. My other camera, the IP2M-841, is also using its latest firmware and is not experiencing this issue despite being configured the same. They are both configured to save over FTP to a local server.

(REMOVED BY ADMIN: Previous firmware downgrading has been known to cause issues and is the reason we are removing it.)

Thank you so much for the link. Today while going through the settings trying to troubleshoot the above, just looking through the settings not even changing anything, it became completely unresponsive through both the app and the web interface. New videos stopped saving as well. This persisted over a few hard reboots (yanking the power). After force resetting the camera I gave up and decided to come here where I found your post. Downgrade worked perfectly.
[email protected] wrote: any tips on what you did to add the old f/w w/out bricking?
Not sure if this is helpful at all, as maybe I just got lucky, but all I had to do was extract the .bin file from the zip and use the upgrade dialog in the web interface. Worked for me no problem, and was even able to import my old settings from before the upgrade to get up and running super quick.

Given the lack of response to this thread, risking bricking my camera was worth the chance of having a working camera than having to deal with the completely unstable and buggy update.
James.S

Post by James.S »

I want to thank you all for the information and feedback, I want to remind you that we have had issues with customers reverting to the previous firmware. This is why we have removed previous FW download Links. Any posts containing a link to this will be removed. I understand some customers have no issues but I would like to remove the possibility for others having this issue as well.
[email protected]

Thanks James @ Amcrest. Are your engineers looking at the issues mentioned above and are there any ETC? Would be great to have some communication
msy

Post by msy »

Just wanted to add my experiences with this firmware - have two IP3M-941s on this firmware and can confirm that even after doing a full factory reset and reconfiguration I'm experiencing pretty much every bug in this thread. The big ones I'd need to have fixed are the PTZ ones. PTZ is unbelievably buggy with motion, causing reboots of the cameras, and not resetting to position #1 after a reboot.

Any updates from Amcrest on the next release?
msy

Post by msy »

CodingSquirrel wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:26 pm Since updating the camera I've had a number of issues with the stability of the camera.

1. Live playback is now extremely jittery and often freezes. Sometimes even the interface freezes and becomes unresponsive. A few times the camera rebooted itself while I was trying to look through the settings.

2. The PTZ presets I set keep breaking. I'll move the camera to where I want and save the preset, but later when I try to switch back to that preset it will move the camera to a completely different direction than it should be.

3. The camera movement is almost impossible to control. A quick click of the movement button will sometimes move it very little, sometimes it will move much further, and sometimes it will spin almost all the way around. That's with the speed set to the lowest setting.

This is the IP3M-941, connected over 5GHz.

I really wish you hadn't removed the old version of the firmware from the download page. Despite the warnings that you can't go back to the old version I had no problems reverting my other camera the IP2M-841, and neither did others. I use this camera as a baby cam and having it freeze most of the time makes it useless.
I can confirm that I am experiencing all 3 of these bugs, and have tried wired, wireless 2 & 5 Ghz, and did a factory reset of all my cameras. Waiting patiently on an update!
James.S

Post by James.S »

We are currently optimizing this firmware to improve stability as well as bring it to our NVRs and DVRs. I do not have any ETAs for the update(s) however I can say as we move forward with this firmware will be introducing more Beta tests for specific models.

I highly encourage you all to continue to provide us with feedback as it will be going to our R&D/Engineering team to look into further.

Hope all is well and you are all have a great week!
[email protected]

All - i have opened a ticket with Amcrest and they are also relaying info to the engineers.

question for the folks having issue where the PTZ is not retaining its setting... do you know what is triggering the camera to "forget" the settings? (since they are not able to reproduce the issue)

i have not been able to pin it down since the settings seems to work for hours even days and then i try to use it again and it is all messed up (camera goes to wrong location). thx