IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
geronimo

Re: IP3M-941/IP2M-841E/IP3M-HX2 Firmware Release

Post by geronimo »

After using this new firmware a couple of more days, I've come up with an issue that needs attention.

My IP3M-941B has the new firmware. When doing playback on the Camera gui using Chrome, it will play for about 30 seconds, then stop and tell me to download the file to play back. That is an unacceptable method to review video. I never had this problem before the firmware update.

I've done a hard reset and completely re-installed the camera five times with same result. The camera is 12' from the router and has a maxed out signal. The computer is even closer. Same hardware as I was using prior to the firmware update.

I'm totally prepared to roll back the firmware to the previous version. Is that possible, risky, whatever?

https://amcrest.com/forum/download/file ... iew&id=930
Attachments
videoplayback.JPG
videoplayback.JPG (80.54 KiB) Viewed 6447 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I thought once you upgarde to the Javascript FW, you cant go back to the non-Javascript FW.

It is mentioned above as a caution. That is the one and only reason why I didnt bother to try this FW though I would like to have a plugin free web interface as I have been having issues with the HX2 cameras and Chrome extension. i.e the Amcrest Web View would not allow me to switch between HX2W abd HX2B without installing the plugin, though they are basically the same hardware

Edited: Java to Javascript.
Last edited by mupimohan on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

mupimohan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:43 pm I thought once you upgarde to the Java FW, you cant go back to the non-Java FW.
Yes, that's what they say. However, my camera is now sooooooo slooooooooooooow and I can't playback video without downloading it first, I'm willing to take the chance if it's possible to successfully do. Otherwise, the camera is almost useless.
mldenison

Post by mldenison »

I just upgraded all 4 of my IP3M-941 cameras, including the new one that came today with your latest firmware.

The upgrades went smoothly except I now have a major PTZ issue. In trying to set PTZ areas to point the camera at, clicking on the arrows cause the camera to travel 50 to 90 degrees or more, in either direction. The zoom does the same thing. I'm running both wired and wireless modes.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

I've noticed that there's mention of both Javascript and Java in different posts, does this mean you have to install the horror that is Java on your system to work with the newer firmware, or is it a typo for Javascript?
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I meant Javascript. However the original post mentions Javascipt at the top and then uses Java. I am assuming it is Javascript.
CodingSquirrel

Post by CodingSquirrel »

Since updating the camera I've had a number of issues with the stability of the camera.

1. Live playback is now extremely jittery and often freezes. Sometimes even the interface freezes and becomes unresponsive. A few times the camera rebooted itself while I was trying to look through the settings.

2. The PTZ presets I set keep breaking. I'll move the camera to where I want and save the preset, but later when I try to switch back to that preset it will move the camera to a completely different direction than it should be.

3. The camera movement is almost impossible to control. A quick click of the movement button will sometimes move it very little, sometimes it will move much further, and sometimes it will spin almost all the way around. That's with the speed set to the lowest setting.

This is the IP3M-941, connected over 5GHz.

I really wish you hadn't removed the old version of the firmware from the download page. Despite the warnings that you can't go back to the old version I had no problems reverting my other camera the IP2M-841, and neither did others. I use this camera as a baby cam and having it freeze most of the time makes it useless.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Amcrest: Please clarify if it is Java or Javascript as both the terms are used in the original post. Java and Javascript are not the same.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I would caution anyone considering this update to consider the several bugs listed above. I would really like to be able to roll back to the previous firmware, but it is no longer available on the download page.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

i am having some of the sames issues mentioned above by CodingSquirrel.
I installed the new f/w on 3 cameras IP2M-841E (POE version) and i am having no luck with the cameras retaining the PTZ setpoints. For example, i create 4 setpoints (1 thru 4) and check all of them that they are set (saved) and all looks good. Then after a few days i try to use them and the settings are all messed up... the cameras go to random locations when i call for any of the 4 PTZ setopints.

Another issue i noticed is that the camera losses connection for a bit. I am using one of the cams as a baby monitor with an ipad with Amcrest app installed that is continuously streaming video + audio. with the old f/w, it would run for weeks with no issue but now the app is disconnecting daily and i have to re-establish connection by refreshing the cam page in the app to restart streaming.