IP2M-858W always recording, why?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
marklyn

Re: IP2M-858W always recording, why?

Post by marklyn »

Update: ok, definitly turning off all settings/schedules, etc. except those related to motion detect seems to have worked. Again, I need to read and re-read what I can to understand why that worked, just doesn't seem straight forwared to me as other cam manufacturers firmware does.
I did quite a bit of testing and set up 3 regions. (See below)
My orange region was about 40' away from the camera, sensitivity at 100, threshold @ 5.
My green region was about 25' away from the camera, sensitivity @ 97, threshold @ 5
Blue region was about 10' away from the camera, sensitivity @ 97, threshold @ two.
The end result is that a person walking in the orange area barely registered enough to trigger motion recording.
Of course the closer he got (green and then blue area) the camera picked it up much better.
If I have a wide angle view like this, how can I improve something (ie: gate/window) that is further away when I've already got the sensitivity so high and threshold so low? If I zoom in that would probably fix it and set new regions but I miss most of my backyard, sidewalk in this scenario. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. By the way, of course my Blue Iris captures this well, but I'm playing around with the Amcrests' gui triggers to have a backup and just learning. Thanks!
Attachments
capture5.PNG
capture5.PNG (543.12 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I am not sure why your settings are the way they are but from what I see from your yard and your settings your going to have a load of motion recordings...

So most times I leave the Sens and Thres as it was set by default.. Once in a while I will have an area that I need to adjust that...

Looking at your times I am not sure why you set your Anti Dither so long and the Delay so short When I get a Motion alert I get a 2 min recording for the motion and it saves it to my MSD or FTP depending on the camera and the area of recording.. Your going to get a 10 second recording after the end of motion while that might be ok there is going to be a lot of data loss and maybe some things stolen if you keep the settings as such.. There will be little data of the theft because recording, then off after 10 second if they go to an area that don't get motion and say they take a phone that was there you don't know who took it because you won't get another motion until they get back to an area that has better settings to pick them up

Then your full time recording was changed from the normal 8 min package to 1 min package but again that don't matter just don't know why you made the changes...

To be honest I would personally Reset camera by the camera or software back to default and start over... Another thing is from what you wrote it kind of sounds like the Classic and biggest mistake that people make and that is it sounds like your trying to get 1 camera to do more then it should do... You need more then 1 camera to do the scene your talking about... Your saying you can zoom in and things like that and to be honest you area to be covered completely and to help on false alerts you need more then 1 camera or you need a camera with Alarm inputs

Because in one of setups I have a camera that has 3 alarms in and 2 out.. On that setting I have it setup for normal motion in the scene however in the event the ALARM Sensor is triggered that is wired to my camera and my camera will auto goto Preset 2 and it will start recording at that point However because I have it set to 2 min Recordings if there is motion in Preset 1 area that is being picked up by a second camera and after the time has expired the camera goes back to preset 1 or on motion of the other camera after the event is over until then all demands by the other camera to take it back to Preset 1 is ignored..
Be Safe.
marklyn

Post by marklyn »

Revo2maxx, I did increase my anti-dither to 30 seconds, since I'd prefer a 30 second post trigger clip. The anti-dither setting kept throwing me at first, seems like they could call it something more meaningful, in my opinion.
The record delay is set to minimum of 10 seconds, would rather have it at 2 seconds for a re-trigger event but, I'm ok with the 10 sec minimum. Not sure why you thought my anti-dither was set for so long, it was at the minimum initially of 10 secs...
Regardless, my issue stemming from my original post has been resolved. It appears that when the audio detection setting was enabled, and since this cam has no mic, for whatever reason, it caused it to record 24/7. I never saw that anywhere I looked/googled, so good old relentless trial and error helped me figure that out.
So my issue seems to be solved, thanks for your input!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok well I am glad you have things working for you.. Not sure I understand what you think has turned off your full time recording but on page one you mention after making changes into Motion only options that your Recording full time had stopped..

However it is, I am glad you have it working for your needs.. Anti-dither I have mine set to 0 as 0 is MIN and I don't want a Delay.. I have my Record Delay set to 120 on most of my cameras besides a couple that don't get any normal traffic so 2 min of recording is around 1 and 1/2 of grass time lol so I have it set for 60 seconds.. However most other camera and my DVR and NVRs are setup with a Motion and min Delay of 120 so I get a 2 min clip.. This way if they happen to move outside the Detection area or into a less sensitive one I can see what is going on.. To be Honest I have loads of cameras and some might pick up where another left off and some might Record on a Motion that another one didn't capture..

About the Anti-Dither.. Sadly I am not sure one of us understands what it is for very well? I have mine set to 0 because I don't want to wait for an Event to wait 10 or 30 seconds as yours is set after a older motion has ended, Then Record Delay is for how long you want the recording to last when motion is tripped... I get 2 min clips, I get Pre event recording per my setup so I get all motion from when it enters the scene until it leaves the scene.. If they stay past the 2 min there is no delay for the motion to re trigger and I will get another 2 min clip until motion is no longer in my scene or detection zone...
Be Safe.