IP2M-853E Loss of Zoom Control

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MarkinGA

IP2M-853E Loss of Zoom Control

Post by MarkinGA »

I currently have an NV4108E-HS fully populated with 8 cameras including the subject PTZ IP2M-853E. In the recent past I've started to have issues where I would PTZ to a particular location in the viewing area and when selecting another preset the camera PT's to the new preset but the camera stays zoomed to where it was. I learned by unplugging and then replugging the camera itself from the NVR was the only way to restore zoom functionality. After this happened several times I contacted Amcrest support about it and they stated it sounded like a power issue and that I should start using a POE injector with that camera. I researched and found the FSE801G injector and purchased it. Once received I read the quick start guide when unpacking it and it stated to connect the injector to my non-POE switch. Obviously the NVR is a POE switch so now what, I'm wondering. What injector can I use with the NVR or can I build a cable minus a couple wires to pass just the data part to the camera on the NVR side of this injector? Otherwise can someone recommend an injector that will work with the NVR and this camera?

Thanks!

Mark
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-853E Loss of Zoom Control

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in this case the best thing to do is connect to your Network Switch or Router ethernet port. Then you will need to connect the camera over the NVRs normal ethernet ip range rather then the Switch Ip range.

for instance my main router with all my switches are on 10.0.0.xxx and my IP for my 5232E-16P is 10.0.0.246 and the Switch IP is 10.2.46.1 so the cameras that connect to the 16ports would be 10.2.46.65 on.. So connecting in your case to a Injector to my normal network switch this would hand out an IP of 10.0.0.xxx and I would then use that to connect the camera to my 5232E..

However to be honest I am having a hard time understanding why your Zoom isn't working but the PT is and they think it is a power issue? You see the PT motors are Stepper motors and are higher power motors then the Micro motors in the Lens. However there is a Set Wattage that can be ran from the NVR and with all POE cameras connected it could be an issue if they were high power POE cameras..

So here is an idea and only if it isn't days that it would normally work after reboot. But if it was me (I have loads of NVRs for back up) but for me I would remove a couple of cameras off the NVR ports, Reboot the NVR and test that the camera works PT and Zoom for longer then it normally would while all other cameras were connected. This will let you know if your issue is truly a wattage overload on the NVR or if the camera is starting to loose Zoom. If you have older Firmware on the camera look in the info for the camera and post the data about how long the camera has been in action it will also show IR and Zoom data. If you are on newer FW then that no longer there besides how old the camera is all other data is lost...
Be Safe.
MarkinGA

Post by MarkinGA »

Unfortunately my router and my NVR are in completely separate parts of the house with a single network cable between them. So, plugging the camera in to the router with the injector would be easier said than done. I'll try the removing a couple cameras and rebooting and see what happens. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I was going to say that if you found out that the issue is the Zoom and not power related that I could fix the camera. I have a 853 with 125hrs or maybe little more but not much I would have to connect it and find out. I will admit that I pulled it from service after I updated the FW to the new one and it pulled all the data from it. Only keeping the time stamp. That don't help. Had I known it was going to pull all the stats from the Info page by doing the update I would have never updated the camera.. Anyway Then I was going to say that pulling the module and sending that would be the best bet for being the less costly option. However if I was to get the module and test it and found that the issue wasn't in the module *Aka the Zoom motors* but was an issue in the cameras Control PCB.. So in this case the whole camera should be sent.. So there is an option if you find the camera is infact the issue and not the Power of the NVR..

best way to fix this would be to remove my lens and put on your camera module. The Repair would take about an hour from start to finish and my guess is that the issue might be the lens it self and not the motors. Might be there is a drag or some type of damage to the lens that trips the cameras zoom motors as a way to not burn them out..
Be Safe.