IP2M-852B lost WiFi & reset does not work

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tkeppler

IP2M-852B lost WiFi & reset does not work

Post by tkeppler »

This 2 month old camera dropped off my network a couple of days ago. It was used outside, under a protective awning. Before I return it, I thought that I'd check here to see if there anything that might resurrect it.

I have tested the power adapter and it is putting out 12.5 DC. The reset button is behind a removable panel. When it is opened, there is a red LED that is lit. According to the manual (yes, I resorted to reading the instructions), I held the button down for 15 seconds to reset. I tried this more than once and for longer even. There is no green light that shows up anywhere. It produces no signal that can be identified by Amcrest ViewPro app on my smart phone - either WiFi or Ethernet. The only sign of life is that red LED.

Thoughts....?
dmw7325

Re: IP2M-852B lost WiFi & reset does not work

Post by dmw7325 »

I just had the exact same problem with the same camera of the same age, also protected under an overhang. Went off line at 4:09 am one morning last week. Took it down and hooked it up to directly to my switch. Link light works but router doesn't see it in either hard wire or wireless modes.
Rich

Post by Rich »

same camera, installed 2 endpoints and subscribed to 2 camera AMcrest Cloud Plan. Amcrest PRoView works fine from windows desktops, via Wifi or wired Internet for both cameras as well as from mobile client on my Android Smartphone. Amcrest Cloud works fine from wired workstation at my office via web but not from my smartphone

Mobile client is where issues start for remote access. Mobile Android Client only can access camera 1 and fails when attempting to connect via LIVE View on Camera 2. Tech keeps asking me to remove Amcrest Cloud client and reinstall which I did with same errors. It's almost like other than desktop access, why am I paying for Amcrest Cloud if poorly supported on Android for multiple cameras?
JStateson

Post by JStateson »

I have a similar problem with same camera. It was working fine hardwired to an 8 port switch. I decided to use it as a critter cam and I put in in the back yard on a 5 port hub that had other cameras. An uplink from the hub went to the original 8 port switch. it will not work hardwired. It blinks green a few times then switches to solid red then after a while tries green again. reset does not help other than clearing out the password. However, it works fine on WIFI. I log into it using chrome and the web app and the setup shows the default is hard wired ethernet. If I bring it back into the house and reconnect it works fine on wired ethernet. I thought something was wrong with the hub and I put an unused IPM-HX1B Amcrest on the hub and it worked fine. It does not like the hub. I am guessing it cannot negotiate a speed. I think that is the only difference between a switch and a hub.

I put a new PoE IP2M-852E where I had that 852W and it works fine on that 8 port hub using the PoE port . The firmware on the 852E is 2.420.AC01.2.R which is not the latest. The 852W (the one having trouble with the hub) is firmware 2.420.AC01.3.R and I see that the 852E has new firmware the exact same 3.R. Amcrest says there is no previous firmware for either camera so where did my .2.R come from? I do not want to upgrade to 3.R as it might have problems like the 852W.

[edit[ The problem seems to be a conflict with the small GS605 netgear switch in my outside enclosure. It was not a hub after all. I temporarily replaced it with an 8 port Cisco switch and all the cameras worked fine. The 852 did not work with the GS605 even with no other cameras on the switch. I will have to find a small footprint switch to fit in the enclosure as the Cisco wont fit.