IP2M-842: SD Card and FTP/NAS/PC?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
buckyswider

IP2M-842: SD Card and FTP/NAS/PC?

Post by buckyswider »

Hi all, looking for some method to save off my video files, since the max 128GB SD card only captures about 3-1/2 days. I went through the pains of configuring FTP on my PC, only to then find out it's an "either or" when selecting SD/NAS/FTP as the destination.

What I'd love to be able to do is have it record normally to the SD card, and when a new 10 minute file is cut, the prior one automagically gets copied to my PC. (I don't want to get a cloud subscription, and that maxxes out at 30 days anyway, and my goal is to keep ~6 months). I read something about an API- is it possible to do this via some API?

Or is it best to install PC software like Blue Iris Surfeillance Pro or something else? I'm a prior iSpy user, but that was a huge resource hog on my PC. And it seems kind of redundant to convert the stream to a file when the camera already does that and puts the files on the SD card...

thanks!
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-842: SD Card and FTP/NAS/PC?

Post by longedge »

I don't have that camera but it is definitely possible on my IP2M-841 to select different destinations for video and snapshots.

I save snapshots x3 per motion detection to my NAS and the video goes to my camera SD card. I've got that configured through the browser interface. I just let the SD card fill and overwrite (my 32GB card holds roughly 3 days worth of motion detection videos which is OK for me) and the camera is setup to delete everything that is more than 6 days old. That only comes into effect on my NAS which always has a rolling 6 days worth of snapshots.

The option is available to do it the other way round if I want to i.e. video to NAS/FTP and snapshots to SD card.

I found that 1) your NAS or FTP must be setup and the option enabled and working correctly 2) having done that I could then select destination options as I required and 3) you MUST remember to click save on each screen after every change you make.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

buckyswider,
You could try Amcrest Surveillance Pro PC-NVR. Camera events can be recorded on the PC and SD card at the same time if needed. Recording to PC-NVR typically does not use excessive CPU.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNshvsYyXgk
Blue Iris could be a good alternative with many benefits, but is typically used on a dedicated PC.
buckyswider

Post by buckyswider »

Thanks for the reply longedge! Yep, I can do that with mine also...what I'm looking to do is the constant video files somehow ending up on BOTH the sd card and my PC...

and thanks Jack, I will look into surveillance pro!