IP2M-841EB crash after firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
BelzeButhB

IP2M-841EB crash after firmware update

Post by BelzeButhB »

Hey everyone,
Today I updated 8 camera (IP2M-841EB) with the latest firmware version.
A camera did not support the update, she's completely stuck :cry:, the indicator light remains on in red and it's impossible to do a hard reset with the button.
Do you have a solution ? :!:
Thanks !
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841EB crash after firmware update

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Hate to say that is a rough one. At user level there is no way that I know of repairing this camera. You might be able to send it back to Amcrest and they might have a way to Re-Flash it.

Normally if a camera don't take the FW update it will just Reject it and reboot. If the connection to the camera wasn't stable (Over Length under powered) from the extra duty required to do an update or even a power glitch in middle of update could make it fail and Brick.. For the POE 841 there isn't a suitable replacement right now and this leaves the 841E as the device needed with that as I said Amcrest Support might have the ability to recover it. I personally don't think they can but I would for sure con support see if there is anything they can do for you. IF you outside of Warranty then cost might be as much as normal replacement with ship and labor..
Be Safe.
BelzeButhB

Re: IP2M-841EB crash after firmware update

Post by BelzeButhB »

Thank you for your welcome and your response @Revo2Maxx !
I will contact customer service.
I'll keep you informed if we find a solution !