IP2M-841B won't connect, problems trying to factory reset

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
djphilos

IP2M-841B won't connect, problems trying to factory reset

Post by djphilos »

I have a IP2M-841B which fails to connect (no green light) despite a direct Ethernet connection and multiple attempts to do a factory reset.

The button on the back stays solid red. If I hold it for about 15 second, it flashes slowly a couple times, green for a fraction of a second and the camera makes a "tick" sound, but the camera doesn't move and the LED goes back to RED.

If I hold for longer (20 seconds plus), it will eventually go to a faster red flash, but the outcome is otherwise the same.

I also see no device showing up in the router admin pages (which makes sense given that the LED never goes green showing it's connected).

Since the camera isn't moving at all, I'm guessing that it's dead? Any hopes of recovering it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B won't connect, problems trying to factory reset

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So you might try a different Power supply. If the Power supply that came with the camera is one of the newer types with USB you could take the USB and connect to a NVR if you have one. Or some other type of Usb power that can provide 2amps not that the camera uses that much.

However if after using a different power supply and the camera never comes alive then itis dead. If it was new contact Amcrest for RMA and that should solve that. However if it was not new or wasn't bought from a Auth Amcrest dealer then it sounds like it should be E-waste.

Is there any Motor sounds like it is trying to move the lens in pan or tilt? When you plug it in for start up it should move in pan and tilt mode then come online.

Also Resetting the camera I found is best to hold button past the first flash until it starts the other flash and might even green flash for a moment. Then the next issue is that it very well could be on a FW that was out there when it was reset it would go to a 192.168.0.108 or 192.168.1.108 IP and in that case it might be that the camera still works as your getting a Red light, means it is getting some power.

Then the next issue is that maybe the Ethernet port is dead and will only work in Wifi. You would be able to test this buy using Amcrest View Pro app and try adding it as a Wifi camera without use of a Cable.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe