IP2M-841B-V3 Wireless and Wired Setup

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ExplodingSidewalk

IP2M-841B-V3 Wireless and Wired Setup

Post by ExplodingSidewalk »

Is it possible to setup the Amcrest IP2M-841B-V3 with wireless and wired configurations simultaneously?
If not, what would be the setup to make sure you could view camera outside of network (via Amcrest App - Android). I'm assuming I would have to designate a static ip address and forward a port on my router.

Thanks for your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 Wireless and Wired Setup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

best thing about this camera and most of Amcrest hardware is they work well over the Amcrest P2P network. P2P is a old Network Tech and the easiest way to connect your camera for access outside your normal network via your Phone, Tab or ASP...

All you have to do is when you connect your camera, setup the app on your phone, bring up app, click the + to add device, Pick Wireless camera, choose P2P setup, If you want it on Wired make sure it is on and the Network cable is installed, If you want Wifi make sure it is powered up, and follow the steps and one of them will be to Scan your cameras QR code on the bottom of the camera, Once you do that, give it a name, tell the camera what Wifi to work with and after little bit of Phone tones in front of your camera your up and running on P2P and as long as your camera is connected to a Network with Internet access it will let you connect while your away from your home.. (Let me Break this down for you)

So you setup your camera at your home but your on your way to the cabin and want to make sure your able to see what is going on while away from the cabin and your home has enough cameras, you can grab your already setup camera (leave it on DHCP in settings) and plug into the network of your cabin that also has internet access and that is it there is nothing you would need to do it will go with you and no need to make changes in your network it will just work... (As long as your Network is connected to a Internet connection)

However if you have to port forward and setup DDNS and all that then you have to make whole bunch of network changes everytime you want to move the camera to a different network..

P2P is as I said before from Old Networking Tech and Stands for Peer 2 Peer, there is nothing between that looks at your Password or sees your connection it is only your camera once setup sending out a Ping to a Server that uses a UUID and is waiting for another ping from the client that is asking to make a connection to that UUID, Once your phone, Tab or ASP makes that connection ping with the Server the server says yes here is your connection and hands off the connection to where your phone and the camera or DVR/NVR is only 2 items connected nothing between.. Fast and Secure and I would use P2P before I would ever use a 3rd party software or cloud service seeing they would have your data (Pictures and Videos) and password P2P only your camera and phone have that info...
Be Safe.
ExplodingSidewalk

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 Wireless and Wired Setup

Post by ExplodingSidewalk »

Excellent Advice.
Thank you for all of the useful information I really appreciate.