IP2M-841B-V3 What do you have to do to get this to record a person walking?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Randot

IP2M-841B-V3 What do you have to do to get this to record a person walking?

Post by Randot »

I bought this camera hoping that I could record when people walk by my house but it won't do that. It will record every car that passes by but will not record a person walking. I have changed sensitivity settings and nothing works. If I set it above 95 it will record the tree branches blowing in the wind constantly. Anything under that and it will not record a person. Is it possible or should I just return it and move on?
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 What do you have to do to get this to record a person walking?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Have the Camera and I have it setup for light duty.. I will move it to a higher traffic area that does get both car and foot traffic.. One of the things that this camera lacks that the earlier version have is the ability to change the FOV and or Depth of View.. other does use Digital zoom it works good for about a 4x before it is pixel issue.. The V3 has Follow and missing some other nice things the older one have.. Between someone getting the V3 or a ASH21 I would personally go with the ash21 over the V3 it offers same Motion tracking with Human Detection mode.. Less false alerts however it is a Smart home product if that is an issue for others..

My guess is your People walking by is outside the cameras ability to detect such
Be Safe.
Randot

Post by Randot »

I had to turn sensitivity up to 100 for it to notice people. Now it activates when it rains. The tracking simply does not work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure where or what your camera is setup for, I think from the sounds of it that you should do a Hard Reset of the camera and set it back up...

So I setup my V3 like I said I would in the area of another V2 camera from 2018. Both cameras I have them setup 45 feet to the Road and have the V3 setup from factory only changing the FPS and bit rate for main or sub stream and then changing the Motion Detection area for the Road.. This is going though Double pane window and it is detecting everything as expected..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So In the last 4 hours I went and made some changes right after I posted my last post, Formatted my MSD again and in just last 4 hours I have 46 pages of jpg and over 145 motion records.. Looking over the recorders and looking over some other cameras to find the people so I didn't have to sift though each of the detections there is 31 motions with people the rest are cars.. All 31 of the detections took without an issue.. I even have my camera in a strange position in this last 4 hours to see if that would mean anything and all was good.

Do you have a Picture that you could share of what type of area your dealing with?

Only thing I can think of outside of all other stated.. If there are a load of things within the Motion detection area that are moving already and the area for humans are very small it might be that the camera can't get the info processed fast enough to cause an alert? Seeing the Trees are with leaves right now I did see there are some detections with looking at the JPG files on mine were a car from it speed would be behind the tree.. Looking at the video aspect of things cars going from right to left seem to have better detection then cars going from left to right.. With people it was different because they are slow enough and the view is wide enough I get the whole detection even between the grids seeing I have the Trees out of the grids to keep alarms from false alerts..
Av3.png
Av3.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 1811 times
Be Safe.