ip2m-841b-v3 General, Full Time,Schedule,Day/Night Profiles

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TheSysEng

ip2m-841b-v3 General, Full Time,Schedule,Day/Night Profiles

Post by TheSysEng »

In the ip2m-841b-v3, Profile Management under Camera Configuration has four profile settings to choose from, General, Full Time,Schedule,and Day/Night.

I get what Full Time and Schedule does in Profile Management. But someone please provide more details on the difference between General and Day/Night settings.

What causes the camera to switch between Day and Night with each option.

How do you adjust the sensitivity and threshold that triggers the switch between Day and Night with each option?

The only manual I can download doesn't mention anything about the General and Day/Night options. It mentions Normal,Full Time, and Schedule and Normal is not an option.
Last edited by TheSysEng on Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSysEng

Re: ip2m-841b-v3 General, Full Time,Schedule,Day/Night Profiles

Post by TheSysEng »

Version

Software Version
V2.800.00AC001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-03-31

WEB Version
V3.2.1.864542

ONVIF Version
18.12(V2.4.5.826858)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So yeah it is kind of hard to understand why all the options are there..

So in General. I leave mine in Full time day mode for my V3. However I do use the Configuration in some other cameras that are in areas that 1 mode just don't work well.

Schedules are good if you want to have Day and Night change at a Set Time of day or night. Keep in mind doing this with season changes if you have them in your area can be hard for your camera to look right without setting them times for early dark times I have one setup for 5am to 8pm however with change in dark periods I have it 9am and 430pm..

If you don't have special needs I would just set the system to full time day and setup for Auto to make changes for night and day THe picture below you can see where to make them changes as you asked. In the Tab to the left of Profile Management then day or night in Profile is how you choose If you setup for Day and Night then you will want to make changes not only in the Day Profile but also in the Night Profile..

Like Maybe in an area that WDR would work at day time for you but don't look to good in Night time so in the settings of the 2 Profiles you would be able to make them changes. Some cameras don't work well in WDR and night the V3 seems to work ok even at night..

So in each of the options with the Red Box you can make the Profile change for day night or General
Screenshot (1664).png
Screenshot (1664).png (214.05 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

Your explanation is not what I am looking for, nor do i care how anyone else has theirs setup. I can decide that for myself. I've downloaded the manual for this model and I know where to make all the settings. I have them setup to stream to my security servers and send email when motion is detected.

My questions are based on what is lacking in the current manual. It mentions nothing about the General or Day/Night options. There is no details explanation on those two options. What is the difference in how it switches to/from Day and Night in the General and Day/Night profile options?
What adjustments affect it?
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

No reply?
What is the difference between General and Day/Night profiles?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well in Truth. I did Reply however I removed the Reply because it was kind of in the path of you don't care how anyone has theirs setup comment and in truth I did Reply above about what General is and what it is different from the DAY/NIGHT... HOWEVER I WILL BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU AND MAYBE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND....

GENERAL is a Option for settings up your device where you don't really care to have major control over the settings (Meaning 1 type of setting will work for your needs)

Day and Night As I said above is setup for you to have more control over your cameras settings because there is an issue where you need WDR on however if you turned on WDR in GENERAL it will be on all the time day or night maybe you want WDR on in the day time and HLC on at night then you would want to have the option to make those changes in the Day/Night setting and either use Scheduled or just let the Auto run However for some the Auto wouldn't work blah blah blah and I have covered that above...

But you know what.. The Reason I was saying the way I setup things was to try and give a Good Answer to your Question with more then JUST words.. Why I have something setup and why I used Schedule over NOn was to give you Real world reasons not just some Stupid answer that still don't make any sense if you don't know how to work a CCTV camera..
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

Lets see if I got it.

When I set the profile to General in Profile Managment then only the General profile configuration settings are used and the Day and Night configuration profiles are never used? If that's the case then what is the difference between General and just setting it to Full Time and choosing a Day or Night configuration profile ?

When I set it to Day/Night in profile management, it switches between the Day and Night configuration?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

General setting is a 1 setting setup there is nothing you will be able to do to make a change between what ever your general setting will be set without making that change manually.

Day and Night when you have it set there you would then setup the Day and Night Profile. By doing this either leaving it to make the changes with the Auto setting or by making a Scheduled Setup. Either way this gives you a 2 profile setup one for the day time and one for the night. This way you don't have to worry about having the same settings that might not work well in your cameras area at one or the other without something in the settings being changed...

For most people this is going to be just a Set it and Forget it kind of setting where they can just use the General as the normal setup. However for others lets say your setup is something like this..

Your camera is in a Parking Garage that has view to a very bight exit when the camera is facing the exit at the day time all you can see is the exit ramp under normal settings, So with the help of the Day Night you need to use WDR, This will now make the very *Overly lit area) cleaner in areas that would now be shadowed out. However with this setting at night and now in a very dim garage WDR might not work well and might work best with that option off or in some other mode like HLC and again this setup isn't something that could work in a General setting setup as one would need to change from 1 mode to another.. Please don't be confused thinking I am talking about the camera in General being able to change to IR/B/W that isn't what I mean. I am talking about being able to change to Night time IR B/W with extra settings that come with the Night... You can even setup to keep the camera in color if you had enough light to make it worth doing so..

Again for most people General or some setting to make the camera stay in 1 mode is best for people that are new to setting up cameras..

Keep in mind that at times things you make changes within the cameras view might make the cameras Fluid picture video almost to where anything outside of a static picture useless. At times these settings are something that you will have to be willing to play with to make your scene look good and take good videos for your use when needed. If your changes make the area Blur out at night or have a White out or Black out between night and day it can be something as easy as 1 little change that looks great at 2am and yet at 10am the screen is pure white
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

When using the Day/Night setting in Profile Managment. Why is the Day&Night Configuration settings grayed out?What if I want color at night with this set to Dsy/Night?
What causes the camera switch from Day to Night and from Night to Day when you use the Day/Night option?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I am not sure I follow what your asking?

If you setup a Scheduled time or you just saying you selected day/night and it grayed out some area? I am not sure I understand where?

As I said before in case this can answer while I wait. Under normal AUTO for day and night the cameras sensor either LDR or camera sensor would be what changes the cameras day and night.. However setting up a Schedule it can work in Day/Night on a Pre set time and not use the Auto Feature of the cameras. Keep in mind that using a schedule if you live in an area like I do where the night is now around 430 and not 900 or later then you would have to make changes in the time of year for the different changes.. Trust me it is not cool to wake up at 9am to find your cameras view is pure white and things that happen between day hours and that time were not seen on the camera.

Please submit a photo of the grayed out area?
Be Safe.