IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B-V3 Cannot set Static IP address

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so this isn't something that I think would work. However if your making a Tunnel type connection then I think it should..

Download Ip Config from Amcrest. I think I might have found why the FW I have is no longer in use. *I Think* anyway I did away with the IP config i have been using for years and DL Amcrest one again. It is out of date to the one I was using but things are little easier to get though.

First once you DL and install, Run, Then click on Settings, then Enter your Default Password and IP range if needed. Password is what is most important. Then click Search, if you camera comes up click the COG next to the e at the end, Then click Net, Eth0 is for Wired and Eth1 is Wireless. So I just changed my v3 from the IP info that I had last time tonight to reflect the 175 for wired and I did change to 177 for wireless because it came up with error that I couldn't save as the same even though *I right now have wifi turned off because I am using on my Desk*

So to expand on Cloud, I asked because you had said that once you made changes it was changed back and only way I know for that to happen is from the cloud system. Now I don't know it will for network I know it does for Encoding and the changes is why I removed Cloud from all my Amcrest Devices. Was an Idea not saying it was the right one for the issue your having..

My V3 in IP config in Amcrest software is showing IP6 even though I have it turned off, I wonder if there was an issue with my Version and Ip6 and when they made your new Version if it messed up NEtworking.. I will put your FW back in and see if it still displays the IP6 it is only camera that has that and it is odd to me.. In the other IP config I was using it didn't show it..
Screenshot (2692).png
Screenshot (2692).png (118.04 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Easy

Post by Easy »

dahai8 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:11 pm Ok. I think I stumbled upon a 'temporary' fix, that's laughably obvious:

Network->TCP/IP->Reset Defaults->Save

I can then make changes to anything on that page and its actually sticks! (for a while at least)

After playing around with the settings to see what does and doesn't work, it has reverted back to "Null not allowed" on occasion and I then have to click on Reset Default and then Save again, and start over.

But it seems, for now, that once I have everything set the way I want, it does actually work. I can set the static IP address of the Wired and Wireless Cards and it honors it.

3 issues remain:
1. Even after this, I doubt I can downgrade to the previous release (I will test that and post an update).
2. Why doesn't a Full System Reset (Menus or Button) fix the network tab as well?
3. What is causing the "Null not Allowed" to re-appear after the Reset Defaults on that page?
Thanks for this, I had the same issue and it worked for me. I did have to take the extra step of rebooting the camera but then all was well.
Maybe you could make this a sticky so people can go right to the solution.
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

So, I bought another IP2M-841B-V3 and it has the exact same problem on the Network -> TCP/IP screen: any changes results in "Null not allowed" error.
As far as I can tell, it is brand-new in the box, factory direct with no funny-business regarding repackaged returns. And with .15. firmware already installed.

So I'm sensing a pattern here....

Seems like current production has an issue either with firmware or hardware.

And Amcrest support has been AWOL. Only two emails from them, both with the same suggestion (that didn't work). So no warm fuzzies from them.

So why do I have 5 Amcrest IP2M-841-V3 cameras? They all work great with only the 3 newest having this odd issue. They're inexpensive, work with TinyCam, integrate with Home Assistant and do NOT *require* the 'cloud'. The Cloud is just a huge Treasure Chest with a giant "HACK ME" sign on it. No thanks.

So. I now have access to the local router and can set up static IP addresses through it. And I have a work-around on the Network->TCP/IP page to set Static IP addresses that works most of the time: Reset Default->Save (reboot?) then make changes until it breaks again.

Rather than keep kicking this dead horse into the pond, I think I'm just going to call it "Good Enough" and move on.

This camera is still far better than any other IP camera brands I've tried so far. And being its broke, that says a lot about the competition...

Thanks to Revo2Max for all your help!!!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No problem. Sorry for the issues. I guess it sounds like a new hardware setup that maybe a FW in the future will cure the issue your having as one can hope. Now makes this sound like a V3 Revision 2 rather then a V3 normal. Just wondering on the Box does it have a Silver or white sticker that has a Build date? My guess is that it must be 2022 or late 2021 maybe..
Be Safe
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:13 am No problem. Sorry for the issues. I guess it sounds like a new hardware setup that maybe a FW in the future will cure the issue your having as one can hope. Now makes this sound like a V3 Revision 2 rather then a V3 normal. Just wondering on the Box does it have a Silver or white sticker that has a Build date? My guess is that it must be 2022 or late 2021 maybe..
It has a Silver sticker with a Copywrite of 2021. Nothing labeled with a Build Date.

I also just heard back from Amcrest support. Their suggestion? Run a speed test to check for Internet issues!

How does internet speed impact changing the camera from DHCP to static or downgrading the firmware (which is all done locally)?

Clearly I'm dealing with support person(s) who are either untrained, or uninterested in solving this issue.

You, Revo2Maxx, are a GOD in comparison. I sure hope they are compensating you well for your work - as apparently they aren't doing anything at all themselves...
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

Quick Update:
Amcrest support now considers my ticket to be 'resolved' ! Yet they have provided no fix or resolution.

I have a "Workaround" that is temporary for setting static IP addresses
and I still cannot downgrade the firmware.

Apparently this is 'Good Enough' for them.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah after a set time the ticket system clears out the Ticket unless there is an update or some info that is added before the end of the time that is set.

Hope things get sorted for you and your device.
Be Safe
m0nti13

Post by m0nti13 »

The way to get rid of the "Null" error on the IP page when trying to set it up is both Stupid and simple, but should be absolutely blamed on whomever is the idiotic developers of the webui interface of the amcrest device.

To Set the static IP you need to fill in the IPV6 DNS Server fields. Why the IPV6 DNS server values are not auto filled is beyond anyone...

so Use the drop down to IPV6.. Use the google address IPV6 equivilant to the Google IPV4 found here:https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using

Looks like this:
The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
2001:4860:4860::8888
2001:4860:4860::8844

Anyway, those are the fields that are causing the "NULL" error. Shame on the Amcrest devs for not monitoring this site to solve such an obvious and stupid coding error in the code and and helping users with an easy workaround.

I am a new user who just opened the box on an IP4M-1041B an hour ago trying to set a static IP and this should have been much easier than this.
onecoolpilot

Post by onecoolpilot »

m0nti13 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:18 pm The way to get rid of the "Null" error on the IP page when trying to set it up is both Stupid and simple, but should be absolutely blamed on whomever is the idiotic developers of the webui interface of the amcrest device.

To Set the static IP you need to fill in the IPV6 DNS Server fields. Why the IPV6 DNS server values are not auto filled is beyond anyone...

so Use the drop down to IPV6.. Use the google address IPV6 equivilant to the Google IPV4 found here:https://developers.google.com/speed/pub ... docs/using

Looks like this:
The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
2001:4860:4860::8888
2001:4860:4860::8844

Anyway, those are the fields that are causing the "NULL" error. Shame on the Amcrest devs for not monitoring this site to solve such an obvious and stupid coding error in the code and and helping users with an easy workaround.

I am a new user who just opened the box on an IP4M-1041B an hour ago trying to set a static IP and this should have been much easier than this.
I just wanted to say thank you for this post. I feel dumb for not checking every part of the page to find out why I'm getting the null message, but also very frustrated that those fields are not auto populated with something for wireless settings, when they are on the wired settings tab.

Edit to add:
Even more frustrated that I have to use this page at all because this and my doorbell camera are able to present a different MAC address to the router at times, which breaks my static DHCP mapping.
vdashjian

Post by vdashjian »

once dns is set, what does ipv6 need to read to blank it out