IP2M-841B - unable to reach login page from any browser

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mrk

IP2M-841B - unable to reach login page from any browser

Post by mrk »

IP2M-841B - unable to reach login page from any browser (IE, Chrome, FF)

Issue happens randomly 1-2 times a week. I can ping the camera, but cannot connect to it via web or mobile phone interface.
Motion detection snap and record stop working as well as i see nothing being saved on FTP.
Camera is connect to network via Wifi, havent tested via Ethernet as the Camera is at a location that wifi is only accessible

It would resolve with either
1. power cycling Camera from unplugged power plug
or at times
2. the camera is only reachable if i connect to an external network and VPN into my internal network. (this method only rarely, but if it does, i can login reboot from web interface)

I have already attempted to restore to default and also restore to default from LED button. Did not resolve the issue. Firmware is latest as well.

I am wondering is this is a hardware issue? possible with the NIC Card?

I have to make a decision quick as to what to do with camera as the 90day return policy is almost up when the store. I might request to exchange for a new unit to test.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B - unable to reach login page from any browser

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
The issue seems really strange. We have had some issues with the P2P connection last week so if you were only using the phone app, I think it could be that. But if it does not work locally from a computer with the local IP, it could be some internal IP conflict as you said it works from other networks. Since the cameras is wireless its also worth checking if its receiving good wifi signal at its location. Other than that I am unable to think of anything else. I would say try replacing the camera to see if its a defective unit.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us