IP2M-841B

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
joehpd

IP2M-841B

Post by joehpd »

How do I fix an issue of the recorded A/V not syncing and it freezing for a sec or two and then begins properly. I have had recordings where the A/V not syncing and stay out of sync for the whole video section.
Help please.
Joe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I personally have never heard of the AV being out of sync? I mean on a NVR I have heard camera not sync with other cameras in the timeline.

If your having that type of issue I would look at what ever program your trying to run it with and find out what the issues are. WebUI using IE or Chrome depending on FW used I have never seen a Audio Glitch like yours.

Maybe if your working within the Amcrest Eco system and have an issue, maybe changing the type of audio connection it is encoding might help. Like change from 711 to ACC if it was an option. I mean mine is setup on ACC maybe you need changed to 8k and not 16 Sampling Freq.. I personally haven't' had that issue..

Also I guess seeing you said 841B are you using built in MIC or Ext Mic? Or is yours the V3?

If using 841B and a Ext Mic then make sure that the Ext Mic is chosen in the Mic area..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@joehpd Assuming you're talking about playing back downloaded videos, then if you use VLC player, it has the ability to re-sync audio and video as described here - https://www.vlchelp.com/syncing-audio-vlc-media-player/. It's something that I have experienced myself in the past and this has worked for me.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
joehpd

Post by joehpd »

I forgot to mention that it is, at times, 15 seconds out of sync. Even if I play the downloaded file, it is out of sync and/or stops and catches up. Windows media player is what windows uses.
Joe
joehpd

Post by joehpd »

I think that I should tackle only one glitch at a time.

Let's start with the video freezing for around 1-3 seconds then it will resume at where it was in real time. So playing great...then the video freezes for a few seconds then begins leaving out the few seconds that it froze on.

I download it using the Amcrest Web View download feature to my pc hard drive.

Without any video player except the one that comes with MS video player the files played shows that there is a few seconds missing. Amcrest Web View downloads it as a MP4 File.

Does anyone know how to make the way it records to no have missing video areas?
Thanks,
Joe
scod

Post by scod »

This is within the mp4 file and not when switching to the next mp4 file, correct? I'd throw the kitchen sink at it since it isn't normal behavior... if you are writing to an SD card, try replacing it. Reset to factory defaults and ensure latest firmware. Maybe try a lower video quality setting. If it persists, try a new camera as that is not normal behavior. If you aren't writing to an SD card, please describe the setup.