IP2M-841B Power Cycling

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
njchoochoo

IP2M-841B Power Cycling

Post by njchoochoo »

Good Evening,

I have the above referenced camera and recently the camera will power cycle itself roughly every 15 minutes or so. I have changed the wall adapter and updated the firmware with no resolution. Both ends of the power cord and inserted tightly and wiggling the cord or ends does not duplicate the issue. Any ideas? I appreciate your time, thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B Power Cycling

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is very hard to say why a camera would Power Cycle, IF you have changed out the Power supply I guess my question is did you change out the Power cord as well? I mean I know you said you can move the cable at the connector and it don't have an issue there is just a lot of things that can cause this...

So Here are some things to check. 1 If you have a Micro SD card in the camera Remove it for an hour and see if you get the normal 15min reboot
Next I would make sure if you do have a Micro SD card that isn't failing that you don't have someone connected to the Camera and Re Formatting the MSD because if it formats the camera will reboot after a Format..
Also I would check to make sure that you don't have it in an area that is To Hot.. If the camera is in a Shed, or Open frame Garage I would double check that the Issue isn't Heat related...

Then if there is no resolve after looking over that the Next thing would be Board Level Failure this could be caused by a Voltage Regulator or even a Diode getting hot and or could be failing Capacitors depending on the age of the device..

Also has the Power supply cord by extended? There could be an issue with Voltage Drop and this could also heat up the Circuit and cause it to power off and reboot
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
njchoochoo

Post by njchoochoo »

Thanks Revo2Maxx! I will try removing the SD card and see what happens. The camera is in a conditioned space and has the original power cord. We shall see what happens. Thanks again.
njchoochoo

Post by njchoochoo »

Hello All,

I removed the SD card and the camera has not reset since. How can I correct the SD card/reset issue? Thanks again!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Replace it with a different msd the one in there is making issues with camera. I have a 32gb wd purple that works in all cameras however when I put in one my 841 the camera gets mad and starts to overheat. Put in different card no issues I can use card in all my other 841s without issue just the 1 camera its not happy for me I can feel heat at card site.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe