IP2M-841B Firmware v2 Won't Upgrade to v11

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Hawkeye

IP2M-841B Firmware v2 Won't Upgrade to v11

Post by Hawkeye »

I'm trying to upgrade my IP2M-841B to the latest firmware. I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Each time I click upgrade the window shows a yellow bar of progress and doesn't change at all after several minutes have gone by.

This is the correct firmware?
Amcrest_IPC-Consumer-Web-Mao-Molec_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.800.00AC001.0.R.210331
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B Firmware v2 Won't Upgrade to v11

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Don't know what the FW is for with more then a dozen 841's that might be for the 841v3. Yes looking at my V3 that is the software for it
Software Version V2.800.00AC001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-03-31

However please note that if your Camera is only a IP2M-841B then you will want a FW that would be something like 2.420 xxxxxxx on the Support page they have the Dec 2019 and early 2020 still posted for DL.

If you are on the page for update and click the button it will update to a v2.520xxxxxxx as the last non JS FW in 2017.. Have to be connected to the internet and have a good DNS server listed for the update button to work. IF you want the JS 2019 or 2020 FW you can find it here.
https://amcrest.com/firmware

On my page when looking at the FW site, it is in the first section, 1 from the bottom camera in that section. or 6th Down
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

You mention above Software Version V2.800.00AC001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-03-31 is for the 841-v3. Your website indicates a different version. I use to see this one, and I have it, but I don't see it there now. So which is the latest or preferred firmware that should be used for the ip2m-841-v3?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I did mention this to Amcrest that it seems there is some FW on the page that is not written right. Hover over the fW package it could show a newer then one listed..

About the one that is right it is really up to the End user to the file you want to use. I personally have not heard of a Security issue in v3 first release so I am not sure without anyone posting a release notes what is different. Also would be suspect if there was no older FW (One you have now in first space) this might be that update to new no downgrade. This might not be the case and the people that has updated the web just didn't put all out that was needed. I know there are new staff at Amcrest as there is at almost every business in the USA within the last 24 months.

I am running new FW I personally don't see anything new or different from the last run on my V3
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

This firmware was on the new ip2m-841-v3 camera I just bought.

Amcrest_IPC-Consumer-Web-Mao-Molec_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.800.0000000.15.R.210716.bin

This appears to be the latest version. Where I got the .bin file I don't remember. One of your firmware sites.
I upgraded all my other cameras to the same version.
Everything works on them all, motion detection, FTP, and Email.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I don't know. Personally don't have that one, The one I have is from 2021 however it seems that has been removed and one from 2020 was back on web for DL. Wouldn't even know what site that FW would show up on seeing the USA FW page has the newest one listed from 2020.
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

My guess is that it was removed off the FW site for some reason, but I happened to download it before it was. I grabbed every version FW I could find in case one works better than another for me.
I have it if you want it. But it sound like someone just needs to update the FW site and put the latest there.
That's Interesting however, that the new camera had a newer version than what is available on the FW site.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Only 2 ways this happens..

One your camera was bought and a new FW was installed by the user. If you have DL off the website before it was removed then there might have been an issue that the person that installed it didn't like or Amcrest said to return it and they would send back a replacement.. Then the end user didn't want to wait and maybe had bought it from Amazon, So when it was picked back by Amazon they found the device was working (I don't know why or what was wrong with the 07-2021 ver) however if it was removed they had to have a good reason..

Next and most likely not what happened here is that when a camera gets an updated Chip in production it will get a fresh FW installed and it becomes a halfway point for older devices and the newer devices However most times this is something that happens and all FW is removed from the site because the older one might damage the newer chip set camera however it could be that the older 2021 FW don't work on the newer camera so they didn't need to pull it as there is some type of Install stop that it wouldn't let it downgrade. However again I find this not likely the issue. I think there might have been a glitch in the FW and was removed.
Be Safe.
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

It was a new camera, brand new, in an a sealed box. I do my own installs.

Seems you guys need to communicate better between production and support.