IP2M-841 wifi issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jfilion

IP2M-841 wifi issues

Post by Jfilion »

Just got the IP2m-841 hooked it up to our office and seems to be working great with wired connection, but when on wifi I can only access it from a computer that's also on wifi.

Also it seems to be causing our VoiP phones to drop calls. the camera is barely using any bandwidth so I'm not sure why/how it can be affecting calls.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 wifi issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So there is a lot there.. First I can't say what the issue with VOIP is and seeing there are so many things that can go wrong with that service alone. Personally I would have my VOIP setup on a Vlan within your system. Having a Managed Switch that has Vlan and setting that up to keep your VOIP traffic to it's own part so it don't conflict with other parts of your LAN traffic.

Outside of that, I would make sure that you are using Newer FW, If the camera is using Old 2016 or 17 FW you might want to think about updating the FW to 2020 FW or better. I personally use 2017 FW on most of my 841's However I don't expose it to the normal network and most of them are hidden within a VLAN for my CCTV devices on my network. Only have 1 841 on Wifi the rest are using Ethernet and to be honest if the camera is far from the router it is best to use Ethernet for best access and data flow..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 wifi issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Had someone ask about Vlans on a Managed switch and I will touch base here incase others might have the same questions. I won't go into great detail but enough to try and answer the basics. These features include:
  • Virtual LANs (VLANs): Manaaged switches can create VLANs, allowing you to separate VoIP traffic from other network traffic. This segmentation enhances network security and performance.
    Quality of Service (QOS): QoS settings on a managed switch prioritizes VoIP traffic, ensuring a higher level of service and minimizing latency for voice communication.
    Port Configuration: Managed switches allow you to configure individual ports for specific VLANs, ensuring that VoIP devices are on the designated network segment.
    Traffic Monitoring and Management: Managed switches often come with tools to monitor and manage network traffic. This can help identify issues, optimize performance, and ensure smooth VoIP.
    Security Features: Managed switches offer security features like port security, access control list ACLs, and other mechanisms to enhance the overall security of the network.
Managed switch facilitates the creation of a dedicated network segment for VoIPs, ensuring efficient and secure communication..

If unable to understand and or know how to setup a Vlan on your Managed switch I would look at the manual for your Switch and or ask your IT Tech to help setup one up in your switch.
Be Safe.