IP2M-841 - Web access - 404 Error

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bowsprits01

IP2M-841 - Web access - 404 Error

Post by bowsprits01 »

I have two IP2M-841 cameras. They were set up correctly and I can see both of the cameras in Amcrest IP Config and in AmcrestView Pro applications. However, when I click the IE link in to go to Webaccess, only one of the camera has its webaccess is working. The second camera got "404 Not Found" thus I cannot review the set up of this cam. I have tried to redo the WIFI / Ethernet set up many times but the error still persists. Please assist and help me at resolving this issue. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 - Web access - 404 Error

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

Have you tried the IP address for the camera outside the IP Config?

So say your camera is on 192.168.1.101 and your clicking the e in the software to load the page.. Have you just tried to use the ip addres in the IE or Chrome to see if it can load direct?

A 404 is a page that is generated by a server that is missing the page your trying to access?

Was the camera new? or Used is it new to you or have you had it for a while?

IP config is a great tool to find cameras not so great at loading the webUI for the cameras..
Be Safe.
bowsprits01

Post by bowsprits01 »

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I have tried the IP camera in Amcrest IP Config, in IE (V11), Google chrome and Edge. It returns the same error 404.

I had both cameras (1 & 2) for a while but stopped using them for about three - four months due to moving home. I have now replugged and reconfigured them. Both cameras work fine using Iphone - Amcrestview Pro. However, the access to WebUI for one specific camera - (2) failed. This camera worked well before I switched it off so to move home.

Please let me know whether there is a workaround to create the missing page?

CML
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Very odd this issue... I am not sure if you have tried a Factory Reset on the camera or not but iam going to guess that if a call into Amcrest Support they would say give that a Try... It does really fix a lot of things..

Are your 841 using new FW from 2019 or 2020 version yet? Or was this on an Older FW it might be that the Camera was on a VERY old FW from 2015 and for some reason just don't want to work..

But I would personally try a Factory Reset.. The Button is the LED it is also a Button press and hold it could take 5 sec to 30 seconds to get a Reset.. Don't forget after Reset it will go back to admin admin...

Most of mine are on the 2020 fw however I do have one that is on the 2.520 version from 2017 for working with others that have the older FW installed so I can see things more clear...

Strange thing is I just went to log in and it don't give me a page but I am going to guess it would be index.htm you could try your ip and that page before an update and see if it will give you the log on page? However as I was saying when I inspected the page to try and get an page there was text that there was important update and my camera would update humm I am guessing that is different time message that isn't going on at this time but was odd it was there...
Be Safe.
bowsprits01

Post by bowsprits01 »

Hi James, thanks for your reply.

I have reset camera (2) a few times already but the access to webUI is still errored with 404 error.

I have also tried to log in with its IP and the index.htm but 404 error still persists.

The FW on both cameras is IP2M-841_IPM-721_V2.420.AC00.17.R.20170322.

I have logged this issue 354491 with Amcrest Support team and is awaiting for further advice and instructions on this specific error.

I really need to resolve this issue so to be able to review its setting and also to replay and download video clips when needed. It is really strange...

CML
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hummm wow that is odd issue... Also an Odd FW package as well... That is showing FW of the camera shared with the 720p camera.. I wonder if the issue happened when the FW was installed.. Have you tried to install new FW from 2019 or 2020? WHile it is JS FW once installed it is not a good idea to go back to older non JS FW..

I do have a 841 that is on the 2017 FW from 6-29-2017 and I am wondering if the FW your camera is on was why they changed from the 2.420 over to the 2.520 for the 6-29 FW package so they knew it wouldn't be one with your issue loaded? If you use the IP config can you log in camera and see info using the tool?

Load IP Congig, CLick on the camera your having issues with just to high lite the area for the camera at the top of the page there is a log in button click that and put in your user and password leaving the rest the same unless you changed port.. Then see if you can get to that info that way? IF you can I would update the FW for the camera and see if that fixes the issue... I am going to guess that will be what Amcrest will have you do to try and fix this problem is Update the Cameras FW..

You can find the FW updates here https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads
Screenshot (1266).png
Screenshot (1266).png (48.95 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
Be Safe.
bowsprits01

Post by bowsprits01 »

Hi James, I have good news.

I have followed your instruction, downloaded the correct FW for IP2M-841 International version V2.420.AC00.18.R.20200217 for 841B (cam2) and 841W (cam1) and installed FW on camera (2). After rebooting it I can access the Web UI for this IP camera 2 successfully. I have also upgraded the FW of camera 1 so all is good.

Thank you very much for the advice and also the patience at troubleshooting this issue. It is now resolved. I really appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards, Cecile M
bowsprits01

Post by bowsprits01 »

One more thing, thank you to Amcrest developers and Support team who did the code's change and testing it to the successful release. I now need not use web plugin or nacl web plugin for WEB UI access via Google Chrome / Firefox and Edge.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome I am glad you got things working for you... It is nice to hear when people have worked out a solution. Thank you for Reporting back
Be Safe.
arvindram11

Post by arvindram11 »

I am having a similar issue with my IP2M-841 camera. The camera works fine - I can see the Main and Substream feeds, but not able to login to the Web UI.

How did you update the firmware if you were not able to access the UI?