IP2M-841-V3 IR Light Manual Mode

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
TheSysEng

IP2M-841-V3 IR Light Manual Mode

Post by TheSysEng »

Running Software Version V2.800.0000000.15.R, Build Date: 2021-07-16
Does the IR Light Manual Mode intensity adjustment vary the IR lights brightness?
Would setting it at a lower level increase the IR lights life expectancy?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841-V3 IR Light Manual Mode

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that under normal use with Smart IR on the devices IR will outlive the camera it self.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TheSysEng

Post by TheSysEng »

Does the IR Light Manual Mode intensity adjustment vary the IR lights brightness?
Would setting it at a lower level increase the IR lights life expectancy?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In general LED's could last longer if they were dimmed seeing the LED's would stay cooler and one of the issues with leds going out over time is caused by over heating the leds. When it comes to the IR LEDs in the V3 or many of the other cameras on the market there are just to many factors that play into your question.

I mean first is Quality of the LED's (Unknown)
Type of driver for the IR (My guess is it will be a Software value of Resistance (Not really great for Extended life))
then and kind of the main factor is Cost of Product. This camera isn't in a cost bracket that make some feel it may not last for many years to start with.

While Amcrest has quality value priced products one has to wonder what or where was the cost shaved to make such a high feature camera at such a low price.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe