IP2M-841 returns to preset on its own

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
StratRider

IP2M-841 returns to preset on its own

Post by StratRider »

This camera is running on WiFi and it does have a weak signal so I've been patient in testing to make sure it wasn't just accepting delayed inputs - that is not the problem.
I did tinker with the web app, dahua's smartpss, blue iris, Amcrest's older surveillance app and the newest ASP.
It returns to P-3 no matter which software I am running on also which makes me think it is something in the cam.
Somewhere along the line I may have triggered something to cause it to do this but I can not find anything in ANY software that would tell it to return to a certain preset or home position.
It always returns to Position 3 - which is my favorite anyway :) but not when I am expecting it to stay on P-1 while the dogs are sleeping.
There is no consistent duration before it changes position either. It has done this at various times between 30 seconds and 5 minutes (when I have had the patience to watch it)
Oddly, it will also bounce back and forth between P-3 and P-4 which I have seen on recordings during the night.
I had previously set tours and tinkered with pans between these 2 positions as that is a full scan of that location.
I've unplugged the cam several times but have never done a factory reset since this has started.
Multi-screen tracking has been turned on and off and almost acted like it was tracking my dogs moving around that area but I have no idea how that really works and I think that was just a fluke anyway as it returns to P-3 when there is no motion.
If this is a feature I'd like to learn to take advantage of it - otherwise I need to get it to stay where I tell it to.
Hopefully a real person knows the answer as the user manual and help videos are seriously bad with instructions and explanations on issues or features like this.
Thanks to anyone that followed along and may have any other suggestions.
jack7

Re: IP2M-841 returns to preset on its own

Post by jack7 »

It sounds like you may have a IP2M-841-V3 which has auto tracking.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 2M-841-V3-
It probably works like Amcrest ASH21 auto tracking. Home location is set to current camera view when you enable auto tracking. About 15 seconds after any motion detect auto tracking ends, it returns to home location.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@StratRider

Can you confirm what edition as well as the firmware version of the IP2M-841 you are using? I would also recommend you reach out to our support team so we can work with you directly to confirm the Tour Presets are functioning properly.

Here is the link to reach out to our support team> https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

Thanks, I will likely use that link you provided later on today if I can but it is definitely just an ip2m-841(b).
I upgraded the firmware a few days ago with Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_NP_AMCREST_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20191218.bin
and it still returns to Preset 03 after about 30 seconds.
If I want to look at anything for longer than that, I have to reset the view to Preset 03.
Deleting preset 03 and leaving it blank lets it work like I want, but putting any new view into Preset 03 and it resumes as previously mentioned.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum @StratRider Could you let us know what the Silver Sticker on your BOX has for a Date? Not the Copy Right but on the Blue box the camera comes in there is a silver Sticker just wondering what date is on there?

Wow... I wish I had the Camera with the Issue... One of the dislikes I have for the Cameras is there is no HOME or Return to Preset... I would make that camera if IT was mine Preset 3 the Position that I would want my camera to be at besides when I want to need to move it to get a different view... Then like all my High End PTZ camera it would return home or Preset after time... I have to admit that the update to 12 19 has cured my new camera from being all crazy after a reboot...

Odd thing about this... It is only the NEW camera that has this issue... I have a large line of 841's and out of them in range of 2 from 2015, 1 in 2016 and 1 in 2017 and then 1 in 2018 only one that has an issue with being in crazy world after a reboot is the 2018 model all the others after reboot return where it started before reboot minus the zoom...
Be Safe.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

@Revo2Maxx the date on the end of the box which has the serial #'s and such is 2015-12
I bought it about 4-5 months ago with firmware from early 2019 and it was doing it then AND now with the most recent firmware revision.
Again, if it is a feature, I'd sure like to know how to intentionally set that HOME position also.
For now, if I want to look at any Preset for more than a short time, I have to change that preset to 03 and it will stay there. I've not made time yet to get back to the support team on this issue.
My guess is that the real solution will be to do a hard reset and it will likely go away.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Huh? So on the bottom of the Blue box on the silver sticker you have a date that shows 2015-12? hummm interesting Did you buy it new or used? becasue from what I was told the New FW was going to be an Elective and didn't come loaded with new FW from any date? Mine was from 2018 and did get the NEW FW because I bought it as a Test Unit.. However all the 841's sorry i say Silver sticker but they are White.. Mine don't have a SN on the sticker only a PN and DN... On the bottom of the camera sorry that is the silver and that would have the SN but that isn't where I am looking.... On the back of all the Boxes I own from 2015 to 2018 they are all Copyright 2015 on the wrap so I am not sure.... I did ask when my friend bought one I now own with new FW loaded and was told then that they wouldn't come with new FW however after the 2019-12 version maybe they started shipping with new JS Installed.. Anyway I now have 6 total, 2 with new 2019 FW one 8 and one 12 month ver... THe rest have the FW before the new one and Oddly However I have the one from my friend but took it to my Cabin and brought my 841E home put it in service here so I can only see that it was also new FW of 8-2019 still loaded but acts strange with being out of wack on relaod every week. So I have to go to Preset 1 and sometimes I have to even reboot the camera again to get Preset1 to be in right spot... However my FIrst one that had the new FW that was 8-2019 now has 12 2019 fw and it no longer is out of sorts after reboot... Infact I have to check from time to time that it rebooted lol because it is always loaded spot on... However strange I just checked the Presets and while it loaded in the right spot the Presets are off lol Grrr... But was in right spot before I just tested the preset for the writing of this... The other one i have with new FW is a 2015 version and strange it has never had an issue with where it loads... So i am guessing it is something in the Hardware.. I have not looked deep into them seeing the new one is under Warranty and don't want to change that fact.... However it is going to be a guess that between the first release and others there is hardware changes that makes things not work just right with some... this is my guess because others have had issues and others with older cameras say they don't...

For my Line up of 841s I have 2 from 2015, *Had*1 from 2016, 1 from 2017 my 841e is from 2017 and 2 from 2018... However I traded away my 2016 unit for the second 2018 one with new FW on it... That was because I told him to buy it and when he did and it had issues I gave him one of mine that was NEW Old stock that I had only put the 2.250 FW on and didn't have the issues. Since he has bought the AD110 and likes it now that I rewired his setup because it was to small of wire and kept going out on him at night... After new wire all good since...
Be Safe.
duc916

Post by duc916 »

I also have the IP2M-841W, and I have the exact same problem mentioned, going to preset #3 randomly. I never figured out why, so now I only have preset # 1 and deleted the rest. I won't climb up the roof to look at the h/w version but it was purchased new on 11/2016.

I believe I'm fully updated s/w wise:
Software VersionV2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-07-29
WEB Version3.2.1.619604
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.1.513183)
duc916

Post by duc916 »

So right after posting that, I double-checked the amcrest site and saw that there was a newer f/w version than what I had. I just flashed to the latest build date (but same version?), re-added some presets and will report back if it made any difference.

Software VersionV2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
WEB Version3.2.1.619604
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.1.513183)
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

@Revo2Maxx , yes the white label I am hoping to attach here and I bought the cam brand new from Amazon ordered on 8/26/2019 and it came with the most recent firmware at that time, which I have updated to the current most recent. It had this bug / feature with both firmwares though.
Oh, I noticed that when my presets were off - they were off by the same amount on each one and also found that unplugging then repowering the unit fixed that. Somehow the 0,0 home coordinates must get skewed.
20200326_181208 (Small).jpg
20200326_181208 (Small).jpg (74.83 KiB) Viewed 1113 times