IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
James.S

IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Post by James.S »

We want to thank you all for working with us directly as we finalized the production of the new javascript platform, we intend on continuing to push out beta tests for all non-discontinued devices.

How to Update Firmware

For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article:https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHL ... u.be&t=185

:!: Caution :!:
Once upgraded you are not able to go back to a Non-Javascript Firmware.

Javascript Release Notes

- We have updated our Web Interface to use Java rather than a Browser Plugin, this should make for a much smoother desktop experience.

- FTP functionality has been updated to be more compatible with all FTP, FTPS, and SFTP solutions.

- Gmail email alert compatibility has been improved to work more effectively with SSL and TLS protocols.

- Various security enhancements have been integrated to further safeguard your Amcrest security camera.

Browser Compatability

Chrome - Confirmed working and it is the Recommended browser.

Edge - Confirmed Working - No Audio

Firefox - Confirmed Working - No Audio

Safari - Confirmed Working - No Audio

Internet Explorer - This browser has been deprecated and will no longer be supported at this time.

Temporarily Removed Features

- WebUI Local Recording
- WebUI Microphone Audio

These features have been removed for security reasons, we intend to bring them back in future firmware updates.

THIS IS FOR THE IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 ONLY at this time, Do Not attempt to flash a POE Model.

Release Firmware
For Models IP2M-841, IPM-721 and IPM-HX1(NON POE ONLY)

Download Here > Can be found in our firmware download section.

We'd like to thank you all for your continued patience and support of Amcrest. If you run into any issues please let us know.

KeeterJ

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (WiFi Only) Firmware Release

Post by KeeterJ »

The new version (V2.420.AC00.18.R) has these observed problems, and maybe more:

1) It insists on putting the Amcrest logo on every recording and every snapshot. Totally unacceptable!

2) It broke my ability to FTP files to a central server. It creates the proper test folders/files then disables FTP.

3) Very unstable after the upgrade completes. Had to do a hard reset. That's annoying but fair. However, the new version can't read the old format configuration backup files so you have to reenter all config data manually after the reset.

4) In spite of warnings from Amcrest, I have been able to reinstall firmware V2.520.AC00.18.R to get back to a working version. Yeah, I know, V2.520 came out before the newest V2.420. Oddball version numbering!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

KeeterJ, This version that was posted today is a new version I think that was released today. While there are updates to some of the issues in the Beta you were talking about. As it says in this release once you make this update there is no going back... Said to clear up most of the problems you mention in the beta you Tried.

While i am not 100% on this. I am sure someone will Chime in and confirm the release of todays update.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
TheWiz

Post by TheWiz »

Has anyone tried to use the new firmware with an Amcrest NVR?
I have an Amcrest Model NV4432 but I think most Amcrest NVR's use the same software.
KeeterJ

Post by KeeterJ »

The version I tested was downloaded yesterday after I got the email from Amcrest about the new release. The announcement in this forum showed up several hours later. The version I tried is V2.420.AC00.18.R, dated 20190729

btw... all my Amcrest cameras are model IP2M-841
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

TheWiz wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:34 pm Has anyone tried to use the new firmware with an Amcrest NVR?
I have an Amcrest Model NV4432 but I think most Amcrest NVR's use the same software.
This new firmware is only for the WiFi version of the models listed. Other current non-discontinued devices models will be considered on future updates. Please stay tuned to our beta test section for future beta releases.

https://amcrest.com/forum/beta-testing-posts-f30/
James.S

Post by James.S »

KeeterJ wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:11 pm The new version (V2.420.AC00.18.R) has these observed problems, and maybe more:

1) It insists on putting the Amcrest logo on every recording and every snapshot. Totally unacceptable!

2) It broke my ability to FTP files to a central server. It creates the proper test folders/files then disables FTP.

3) Very unstable after the upgrade completes. Had to do a hard reset. That's annoying but fair. However, the new version can't read the old format configuration backup files so you have to reenter all config data manually after the reset.

4) In spite of warnings from Amcrest, I have been able to reinstall firmware V2.520.AC00.18.R to get back to a working version. Yeah, I know, V2.520 came out before the newest V2.420. Oddball version numbering!
See my post that was made in regards to this here> https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 599#p25599
KeeterJ

Post by KeeterJ »

I believe the "(WiFi only)" comment applies just to the IPM-HX1 which was offered in a Wi-Fi only version. As far as I know, the IP2M-841 was never offered in a Wi-Fi only version, just the dual-mode version and the -841E Ethernet-only version. I can't speak for the NVR models.

In my testing of the July 29th firmware, my IP2M-841 cameras connected on either/both the Wi-Fi and Ethernet interfaces.

I apologize if this is a repeat comment. I thought I posted this earlier but it looks like I forgot to hit the "Submit" button
vicw

Post by vicw »

I've been working through the issues with the new FW on one of my IP2M-841 cams, and this thread has been helpful.

The one problem that has me stopped in my tracks, though, is the HTTPS enable. The selection to enable HTTPS was apparently removed with the new FW. Since my update, I have Requested, Downloaded and Installed the Certificate, but the HTTPS Enable button doesn't exist any more, so I couldn't set that. I have not been able to get the HTTPS port to work at all, so far, on the new FW, and a remote test shows the Port as Blocked.

I posted a query about the problem to Support, and their initial response is that it should work automatically, that the HTTPS selection isn't required anymore . My intent isn't to challenge Support, but I am hoping that others might have had success, or perhaps not, with their use of HTTPS on the new FW level.
clef

Post by clef »

I have had ALL the problems already detailed in this thread... including the Amcrest logo, HTTPS enable, and unstable. Once HTTPS is "set up", the camera reboots and then I can't connect to it on any ports and I have to HARD RESET again. This is unacceptable, as the camera is useless without secure connections! I want to point out that I mean I can connect on NO ports including the TCP service. The camera basically soft bricks itself when HTTPS is installed.

With that said... you can remove the Logo Overlay from the web interface still. You don't need to use the Android app. The setting is still there in the html code, it's just been hidden. Use your browser debug tools and you can disable the logo overlay again easily.