IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
japhule

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Post by japhule »

geronimo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:40 am
japhule wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:28 am I updated to the new firmware and reset to default settings. For some reason my camera is now recording and saving all footage, and not the triggered motion events. Any idea why this is happening? I'm not seeing any setting that is causing the constant recordings. When I view the motion detect settings, I'm not seeing anything that is triggering an event. All recordings captured saved to my FTP. For each hour, i'm seeing 7-8 videos that are 8 minutes each.
If you reset to factory defaults, you'll need to set up again what you want to record.

For motion events to record, you need to go to "Event", "Video Detection" and check the box for "Enable". Then, you will get motion events recording again.

If you don't want to record 24/7, then you need to go to "Storage", "Schedule" and create a different schedule for constant recording, the default is 24/7.

You can also set the package size at whatever you want, I think the default is 8 minutes. Go to "Storage", "Record Control" and enter the "Pack Duration" to however many minutes you want from 1-120.

Remember, after making any of these changes to "Save" the changes before exiting.
Thanks for the response. Sorry, that I didn't clarify. I did redo all my settings and set up motion events to record in the Event>Video Detection and have it enabled.

Under Storage>Schedule, there are 3 options 1) General 2) Motion 3) Alarm. My default settings have recordings set for "Motion" and "Alarm" with nothing for "General". The only lines showing in the Schedule are the yellow (Motion) and red (Alarm) with nothing green (General). I'm assuming "General" is the constant recording option but please correct me if this is not correct.

All of these are saved but I still get constant recordings.

I'll also add that for some reason, all of my recordings older than 1 day are also being deleted from the FTP. This is similar behavior to the older firmware that had this issue (I'm positive that I'm on the new firmware, V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03). I do not have the setting to delete old files under System>AutoMaintain enabled so it is odd that this is happening.
japhule

Post by japhule »

Ok. It looks like the "Alarm" setting in my schedule was causing the constant recording. I don't see anything that would trigger the Alarm to force it to constantly record.
japhule

Post by japhule »

Still having issues with my recordings being deleted from my FTP. I've tried various settings but it appears that recordings get deleted every time my camera has a scheduled reboot. I originally had scheduled reboots every day and noticed that deletions happened daily. When I changed it to a certain day, I noticed I had several days worth of recordings available prior to the reboot and now that a reboot has happened, those recordings are now gone. I do not have the "Auto-Maintain" setting turned on for "Auto Delete Old Files". For now I'm going to turn off scheduled reboot to verify that deletions are not happening.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@japhule

How are you accessing your Setup menu? The reason I ask is because when I go to my app over Chrome, I get the Ability to do the Reboot and then right below that I get an option to delete older files with a Drop down for how long to keep them in a box next to it?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One of the things that I have heard about the 841 and I have seen it with mine. IS that when you setup a Preset and when the camera resets, the camera is all in a different view. It would be nice to have it remember that Preset 1 is Default setting. So what I did is I have my camera facing an area where I zoom into the area because there is other things I don't want to see. Well after reset it is seeing it all. So I setup a Privacy Mask. The good news is it doesn't effect any of the other presets only the area where you set them up at. So preset 2, 3, 4, 5 and 9 all show the images as they were expected. yeah don't ask why no 6, 7 or 8 lol.. Anyway while it isn't a fix/solution it is a way to keep what you want in view after a reset just not at your zoom level as it will be zoomed all the way out.
Be Safe.
japhule

Post by japhule »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:28 pm @japhule

How are you accessing your Setup menu? The reason I ask is because when I go to my app over Chrome, I get the Ability to do the Reboot and then right below that I get an option to delete older files with a Drop down for how long to keep them in a box next to it?
I'm using Chrome. The drop down you mention is the "Auto Delete Old Files" option, and I have that turned off/unchecked. I did another test where I made copies of my my current saves and gave them dates from the previous 2 days and then set up a scheduled reboot to happen in the next few minutes to verify that the older folders got deleted and they did. This is happening on 2 of my cameras.
clef

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (WiFi Only) Firmware Release

Post by clef »

clef wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 pm I have had ALL the problems already detailed in this thread... including the Amcrest logo, HTTPS enable, and unstable. Once HTTPS is "set up", the camera reboots and then I can't connect to it on any ports and I have to HARD RESET again. This is unacceptable, as the camera is useless without secure connections! I want to point out that I mean I can connect on NO ports including the TCP service. The camera basically soft bricks itself when HTTPS is installed.

With that said... you can remove the Logo Overlay from the web interface still. You don't need to use the Android app. The setting is still there in the html code, it's just been hidden. Use your browser debug tools and you can disable the logo overlay again easily.
Just quoting myself to say this firmware is still atrocious and I'm not at all surprised to see there have been no further updates. I still have massive HTTPS problems and can almost never connect remotely over HTTPS. I have three IP2M-841 which are freaking impossible to manage now.
dmlkvb

Post by dmlkvb »

James.S wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am
Javascript Release Notes

- We have updated our Web Interface to use Java rather than a Browser Plugin, this should make for a much smoother desktop experience.

- FTP functionality has been updated to be more compatible with all FTP, FTPS, and SFTP solutions.

- Gmail email alert compatibility has been improved to work more effectively with SSL and TLS protocols.

- Various security enhancements have been integrated to further safeguard your Amcrest security camera.

Does that mean that a fix for the KRACK vulnerability in WPA2 is included with this version of the firmware? It was referenced in this post as a beta firmware, https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 12290.html

Thank you!
IPCAMDUDE

Post by IPCAMDUDE »

I just went to the firmware download page and there was new V2.420.AC00.18.R IP2M-841 firmware with a build date of 12-18-2019.

V2.420.AC00.18.R previously had a build date of 08-03-2019 :?:

Whats changed? :?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

The later version is 12 KB smaller than the older one. I have also queried what the difference might be in this thread - https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 13462.html
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03