IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dandelena

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Post by Dandelena »

OK, I did the upgrade to a IP2M-841 to the 8.3.19 release. It has the Logo overlay removal but I cant seem to get the email send to work with my gmail account which previously worked perfectly. Is there a secret to getting this level of the FM back into working form ? I tried the SSL and TLS modes and both give me the -XFail message when I run the test.... very frustrating that this company can get FW upgrades to work correctly the first time.
vicw

Post by vicw »

Dandelena wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:04 pm OK, I did the upgrade to a IP2M-841 to the 8.3.19 release. It has the Logo overlay removal but I cant seem to get the email send to work with my gmail account which previously worked perfectly. Is there a secret to getting this level of the FM back into working form ? I tried the SSL and TLS modes and both give me the -XFail message when I run the test.... very frustrating that this company can get FW upgrades to work correctly the first time.

I use a seond-level authorization on my Google account, and i had to create a device specific password for each of my cams. Once I did that the Google email setup worked fine.
Wrench

Post by Wrench »

Wrench wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:20 pm The firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03 is more than a few changes. Just for fun I compared it to V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 20190729 firmware in a hex editor and there is way more changes than a few lines of code. I would guess there is about 80% difference between the two releases. Seems strange the differences are so large and I can't believe more things are not fixed or new things broken. IMO It's completely different code! Guess I need to work up the guts to try it out.
I did some more investigating and I was wrong about the amount of code that was changed. It seems they added several blank lines of code that at first glance makes it look like the changes were large. No clue why they would add blank code other than make it harder to see the differences? Regardless the code was still way more than tweaked.
eagleco

Post by eagleco »

I have several IP2M-841 cameras and updated two of them to the 20190729 build. The cgi api to enable/disable video motion detection seems to be broken in this build, as I get a "Error Bad Request!" response. Then I updated to the 20190803 build and now I get an "OK" response but the setting doesn't actually change. I can still change it from the web interface but this is a major inconvenience if my home automation controller can't control the motion detection.

Also, one of the two cameras stopped responding to PTZ commands after the update. I've tried the web interface and the android app and there's no PTZ response from either. The camera does move around on startup so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue. [EDIT - PTZ Works again after a factory reset, cgi for enable/disable still doesn't work]
IPCAMDUDE

Post by IPCAMDUDE »

eagleco wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:58 am I have several IP2M-841 cameras and updated two of them to the 20190729 build. The cgi api to enable/disable video motion detection seems to be broken in this build, as I get a "Error Bad Request!" response. Then I updated to the 20190803 build and now I get an "OK" response but the setting doesn't actually change. I can still change it from the web interface but this is a major inconvenience if my home automation controller can't control the motion detection.

Also, one of the two cameras stopped responding to PTZ commands after the update. I've tried the web interface and the android app and there's no PTZ response from either. The camera does move around on startup so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue. [EDIT - PTZ Works again after a factory reset, cgi for enable/disable still doesn't work]
I can also confirm that motion detection ON/OFF no longer works from Android apps with 20190803 build. :cry:

I use Tiny Cam Pro and Ip Cam Viewer Pro.

Edit. The workaround is to use Amcrest View Pro app to turn motion detection ON/OFF.
PsychoPhreak

Post by PsychoPhreak »

So interestingly I tried accessing my camera today over https again from work and it seemed like I was able to login successfully the first try and the stream was actually smooth! I thought maybe the firmware baked in or something, or perhaps I had been having network issues my last try, but this was not the case.

The difference is that my work desktop is still running Windows 7 using chrome and the camera loaded and played fine.

Trying from my windows 10 laptop with chrome, the page still either fails to load or loads horribly slow, and the stream is quite choppy.

Not sure how the main OS comes into play here and not just the browser, but I really hope there will be another firmware update soon to resolve these issues (and I still have to manually reboot the camera every day for my presets to actually go to the correct locations)!
Chris0690

Post by Chris0690 »

I am also having issues with API endpoint, "/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&MotionDetect[0].Enable=false".

I receive Status Code 200 (OK) every time I hit it, but it never actually sets or unsets the property. This is extremely problematic because I have a whole suite of services that do rely on this API to work.
Chris0690

Post by Chris0690 »

I am also finding that my Preset PTZ settings (1 through 25) are being altered.

I'm not certain of the root cause, but all of the cameras after the firmware update had their PTZ values shifted to the right of their original positions by the same margin.

After rebooting the devices and, "GO TO" the PTZ settings again the devices PTZ values were in the original positions (shifted back to the left in the same margin).
japhule

Post by japhule »

I updated to the new firmware and reset to default settings. For some reason my camera is now recording and saving all footage, and not the triggered motion events. Any idea why this is happening? I'm not seeing any setting that is causing the constant recordings. When I view the motion detect settings, I'm not seeing anything that is triggering an event. All recordings captured saved to my FTP. For each hour, i'm seeing 7-8 videos that are 8 minutes each.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

japhule wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:28 am I updated to the new firmware and reset to default settings. For some reason my camera is now recording and saving all footage, and not the triggered motion events. Any idea why this is happening? I'm not seeing any setting that is causing the constant recordings. When I view the motion detect settings, I'm not seeing anything that is triggering an event. All recordings captured saved to my FTP. For each hour, i'm seeing 7-8 videos that are 8 minutes each.
If you reset to factory defaults, you'll need to set up again what you want to record.

For motion events to record, you need to go to "Event", "Video Detection" and check the box for "Enable". Then, you will get motion events recording again.

If you don't want to record 24/7, then you need to go to "Storage", "Schedule" and create a different schedule for constant recording, the default is 24/7.

You can also set the package size at whatever you want, I think the default is 8 minutes. Go to "Storage", "Record Control" and enter the "Pack Duration" to however many minutes you want from 1-120.

Remember, after making any of these changes to "Save" the changes before exiting.