IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PsychoPhreak

Re: IP2M-841/IPM-721/IPM-HX1 (Non POE Models) Firmware Release

Post by PsychoPhreak »

clef wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:19 pm So according to what PsychoPhreak posts, the latest firmware replaces the HTTPS checkbox appearing, but doesn't actually do anything to FIX the fact that the camera becomes unusable when HTTPS IS ENABLED or when any of the TCP/IP ports are reconfigured. This is abysmally outrageous, Amcrest!! Get it together!
Not entirely. It doesn't brick at least, and for the most part I am able to eventually successfully connect over the https port, but the response time is abysmal and the stream (which was smooth on the previous firmware and is still smooth over http) becomes choppy as well. It's not 100% unusable, but certainly not what I'd call properly usable over https.
PsychoPhreak

Post by PsychoPhreak »

rskoey wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm I am also curious if HTTP port still needs to be allowed open in router firewall in order for live camera feed to work (over internet) even if you're connecting via HTTPS. As that was the fundamental reason I was upgrading Firmware in the first place. Seems redundant needing HTTP in order for certain functionality to work over HTTPS.
I'm fairly certain the RTSP port will still need to be open, but not the web hosting http port.
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

I got the email today announcing this new firmware. Downloaded and attempted to flash, but twice got error stating that file was bad, then wanted to ask if I wanted to reboot. Did so but many of the settings were missing, so tried importing my settings and it just sat there waiting for camera to respond. Restored settings manually. In the future I plan on waiting for this forum to advise if new FW is working.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
vicw

Post by vicw »

I downloaded and installed the 080319 FW release to one of my IP2M-841 cams yesterday. It resolved the HTTPS port enable problem for me, and the only ongoing problem that affects my use is that it reportedly still can't Import config files that were created from previous FW levels.

I wish that would be resolved, but I'm not optimistic that will happen soon, so I'm going to install the FW to my other 3 cams and configure them from scratch again. Not a fun job, but I want to get them all up to the same level, and enjoy the ability to access them all directly from the Chrome browser without having to use extensions of external apps.
rskoey

Post by rskoey »

Okay deployed this newer release.

Some observations so far (still need to use the webui / camera more):

- HTTPS now works, however I can only use the self-generated certficate. The "BROWSE" button to upload my own certificate is greyed out.
- HTTPS is noticeably slower to access the webui (sometimes unresponsive)
PsychoPhreak

Post by PsychoPhreak »

Here's another oddball, I use the auto-maintenance reboot daily feature since previously the camera would become unresponsive to PTZ controls w/o a reboot if I did it weekly. Now after the nightly auto-reboot all the PTZ Presets are way off where they're supposed to be. A forced reboot or power cycle and they're back to normal. Not sure what/how the auto-reboot is different but this has happened after every night so far.

And the https stream is basically useless from outside of the local network. Once established (if you can actually get the page to fully load and login) stream stutters and is hardly watchable.
vicw

Post by vicw »

I have updated the FW of all 5 of my IP2M-841 cams to the 2019-08-03 version. They are all operating well, but shortly after dawn each morning, they are each generating emails and triggering video clips to my Synology system, showing the transition from IR to Daylight mode. Prior to the FW update, those transitions were somehow filtered, so that they didn't create those extraneous emails and video clips. I haven't found any setting in the cams that might be able to restore the filter.
Wrench

Post by Wrench »

The firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03 is more than a few changes. Just for fun I compared it to V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 20190729 firmware in a hex editor and there is way more changes than a few lines of code. I would guess there is about 80% difference between the two releases. Seems strange the differences are so large and I can't believe more things are not fixed or new things broken. IMO It's completely different code! Guess I need to work up the guts to try it out.
vicw

Post by vicw »

Wrench wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:20 pm The firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03 is more than a few changes. Just for fun I compared it to V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 20190729 firmware in a hex editor and there is way more changes than a few lines of code. I would guess there is about 80% difference between the two releases. Seems strange the differences are so large and I can't believe more things are not fixed or new things broken. IMO It's completely different code! Guess I need to work up the guts to try it out.
That's pretty amazing, given the 5 day difference in the build dates.At first I thought you were comparing the 2017 build date vs. the newest one.

The problem I'm encountering with extraneous IR/Daylight tranisition emails and video clips triggered by my IP2M-841 cams to my Synology Surveillance Station since the FW update is likely to be due to the fact that Synology still is using the 2017 version behavior as their reference. I have a Support Ticket open with Synology, and they are investigating.
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

I've got that same camera and a Synology NAS. I completely gave up on their Surveillance program and now just set each camera and store triggered events to the NAS and access every device when needed.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."